Any signs of improvement?

There was an instant in the second half when the ball broke loose, a Rotherham player ran between four Sunderland players to get the ball.

Ross. Thinking back to Jan, the six points we dropped against Scunny (a brilliant finish), Luton (never a pen) and Oxford (awful defending in 85 minute when we were attacking) cost us.

We drew 19 games mate. Take those you’ve mentioned out. We got beaten of Southend, drew at home to Accrington etc etc. That’s why we didn’t go out and those results were a direct result of Ross’ coaching.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

We are no worse than last season but unfortunately we are no better. Playoffs again a very real possibility.

We drew 19 games mate. Take those you’ve mentioned out. We got beaten of Southend, drew at home to Accrington etc etc. That’s why we didn’t go out and those results were a direct result of Ross’ coaching.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I get that mate, but those three were critical and we never really recovered. People will disagree, but imo breaking the top two at that stage of the season would have been massive and I suspect we would have gotten over the line.

Anyway, it’s now only a matter of time before he is sacked.

Bottom line is we have a collection of shite players who arrived here thinking, yes I've made it. But they are players no one wants or run of the mill third tier players. Yes we are in the third tier but we can do better than this collection of misfits. To make matters worse we have a manager who probably knows more about the lochness monster than football.

It was a strange one tonight. I started off thinking that the team was fresh and exciting - at last. By the end, I couldn't see them gaining promotion.
Overall, I think we have better players in key positions, but we have less shape than last year.

couple of facts... we wont achieve 100 points. `We are competing for promotion with more teams than we did last year and I think the contenders last season, were nowhere near as good and we were better then). There is a real split between fans currently... but what will it take for a majority to swing one way collectively? We must be the most divided fan base in the country.

We failed last year - 5th was a very poor performance. So the owners, rightly, put a target of 100 points. To do that we need marked improvement from last year. Ross targeted more clean sheets which has totally failed. So can anyone see any improvement or signs of improvement because I genuinely think we are worse than we were at the start of last season. I cannot see how Ross is going to turn us into a top 2 team.

Absolutely zero chance of us getting 100 points or even 90. Think the maximum we can get even if we win every game between now and May is about 120 isn't it?

If we average the same points we have in the first 8 games then we’ll finish on around 85 points. Going by last seasons table that’ll be 5th. Again.
We've already drawn 3 games this season 2 at home that's 3 from 8. No real improvement from last season.

Back