Any pipe smokers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fad?!? Really? I don't really know many people who this, I didn't know it was a fad. I only do this in the privacy of my own home, I would never smoke a pipe in public. It's about relaxing, not showing off.

:lol:
Honestly mate my threads were shit before but now they are absolutely brilliant

Might try a pipe after this but only because you made me do it you bastard

Due for a comeback but probably with a new additional faddy bit attached, e.g. smoking a pipe in the bath.
Anyone who does that needs to be horsewhipped, in my opinion.

Might try a pipe after this but only because you made me do it you bastard
If you've never done it, read up on it first. There are techniques and if you do it wrong, it will ruin your experience forever. Plus your tongue will hurt like hell:lol:

Me grandad smoked a pipe for years. Convinced himsel it didn't do him any harm cos he wasn't inhaling. Died of cancer of the throat caused by smoking a pipe.

That would be enough to put me off smoking a pipe if I was ever inclined (which I haven't been).

@alexander is a pipe smoker iirc, although I've not seen him post for a while.

Good times. Forgot I signed up to that forum tbh! Show us ya pipe and we might let you in. :lol:
See my avatar mate.

I'll post the actual one when I buy it. I've taken the good advice you sourced six years ago on that forum :lol:

Really? A Goalkeeper gets mistaken for so many different ex-posters all the time?

And not once have you heard of Spug?

:lol::lol::lol:

Ooooh no!
First time for everything, I guess. Maybe it's because I make it known that I'm American.

Me grandad smoked a pipe for years. Convinced himsel it didn't do him any harm cos he wasn't inhaling. Died of cancer of the throat caused by smoking a pipe.

That would be enough to put me off smoking a pipe if I was ever inclined (which I haven't been).

@alexander is a pipe smoker iirc, although I've not seen him post for a while.
I know, I know. I keep telling myself that it's okay because I only smoke it once in a blue moon, but I know that it's still a risk.

Good times. Forgot I signed up to that forum tbh! Show us ya pipe and we might let you in. :lol:
Goalkeeper Americans allowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad has smoked a pipe since he was 17 now 63. Condor ready rubbed. Hated the smell of it burning but the smell of it in the packet was glorious

My dad has smoked a pipe since he was 17 now 63. Condor ready rubbed. Hated the smell of it burning but the smell of it in the packet was glorious
In the pre PC days of the late 60's early 70's I used to get errands to get an ounce of Condor ready rubbed for my Dad from the local tobacconist. Around the ages of 9-13 I would have been. Usually on a Saturday morning on my way home from the swimming baths

I've been smoking for a few years but it's really only once in a great while. I still consider myself a light-weight smoker and usually just smoke Peterson Connoisseur's Choice, it's mild in taste and the smell is excellent.
Maybe because of growing up with my dad's pipe smoking, but the smell always feels comforting and relaxing.

My wife hates when I smoke, by the way, she absolutely hates the smell. Luckily, we have a spare room not connected to the rest of the house where I can go and smoke whenever I feel the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back