Any pipe-smokers on here? (As if!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a smoker who has asthma. I have never been a heavy smoker but I love tobacco. Recently, to avoid smoking cigarettes and inhaling smoke, I have resumed smoking an old pipe I bought as a 16-year old many years ago because I loved the smell of pipe baccy.

I find it extremely relaxing and as a smoker I can get the nicotine hit from pipe smoking (without inhaling) just as much as from inhaling cigarette smoke ( you get it from your nose and oral membranes instead of from your lungs).

The tobaccos available are wonderfully flavoured and aromatic.

Anyone else partake of this increasingly rare pleasure?

No but I have always fancied one, might buy one of the Sherlock Holmes ones.

Today I saw an Aston Martin down holmeside, was being driven by an old man smoking a git big pipe. Don't know why I found that odd.

on occasion mate, i enjoy the flavour of a pipe and good tobacco. keep me kit in the glove box there, ideal for helping us think mate.

Well I'm 53 so I qualify!

In the good old days, loads of lads in their 20's smoked pipes. Watch some old English WW2 RAF films.

Last edited:
Well I'm 53 so I qualify!

In the good old days, loads of lads in their 20's smoked pipes. Watch some old English WW2 RAF films.

That's my Saturday afternoon sorted. Pipe and Reach for the Sky. Can you recommend some starter pipe baccy? Don't want anything too strong.

Every morning as i drive past Durham Uni I see a young lad (posh student type) walking down the street smoking a pipe. Odd.

That's my Saturday afternoon sorted. Pipe and Reach for the Sky. Can you recommend some starter pipe baccy? Don't want anything too strong.

gan to that news agents in park lane. They've got allsorts of fuity flavours, its like a sweet shop but the jars are full of baccy.

Every morning as i drive past Durham Uni I see a young lad (posh student type) walking down the street smoking a pipe. Odd.

mind, if I smoked, I think I might have smoked a pipe at school, just to be different.

gan to that news agents in park lane. They've got allsorts of fuity flavours, its like a sweet shop but the jars are full of baccy.

Aye, have been in there. They sell the pipes as well. What else will I need? Obviously pipe cleaners, but anything else?

Clan's really aromatic and nice but can be a bit harsh for a starter. Erinmore Mixture is really mild but nicely flavoured and cool-burning. £10 for a 50g pouch in Morissons that will last you ages.

I haven't been to the place Le Chuck recommends, but maybe if you're serious you should go in there and ask the proprietor's advice (assuming he knows his stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back