any one else got this relentless

Flu/ Man FLu/ Aids things going on ive been proper fucked over since xmas day, id previouslly had something similiar for 5 weeks prior

P.s. Merry new year and

Logon or register to see this image
A fair few people I know seem to have some variation of it.

I haven’t been ill with cold/flu/AIDS/the cove in the last five years, so based on that I expect I’ll probably still have to go back to work next week. *sigh*

Seemed to start back up as soon as i went back in the gym , probably knocked myself down a bit before i was right back ☹️.
Just feeling i might manage a sesh now but might give it a few days .
Honestly reckon the reason I never get ill is because I go to the gym. Constantly being around and exposed to, or touching machines and weights which loads of scruffs who don’t wash their hands have been at helps to build your immunity. That’s my theory.

Felt ill before Christmas, covid didn't even enter my head, until Chrismas day when our lasses 80 year old mother was coming and I started going downhill rapidly. Thought I'd do a test for her, positive. Christmas day night was nearly an ambulance job with pain and breathing. Managed to sort myself out with some Naproxen and paracetamol. I'm still fucked 10 days later but nothing like the 25th . This is worse than first time I've had it.

Honestly reckon the reason I never get ill is because I go to the gym. Constantly being around and exposed to, or touching machines and weights which loads of scruffs who don’t wash their hands have been at helps to build your immunity. That’s my theory.
Aye scruffs is the right word , lots of lazy bastards stopped wiping machines down now .

Aye scruffs is the right word , lots of lazy bastards stopped wiping machines down now .
Even during the Cove era when there was a massive amount of emphasis on doing so, it wasn’t great, and that was the point where I was going to the gym literally twice a day because there wasn’t much else to do. As I said, I also reckon that’s most likely the reason I’ve never knowingly had it, though.

Ah well, every silver lining has a cloud.

Even during the Cove era when there was a massive amount of emphasis on doing so, it wasn’t great, and that was the point where I was going to the gym literally twice a day because there wasn’t much else to do. As I said, I also reckon that’s most likely the reason I’ve never knowingly had it, though.

Ah well, every silver lining has a cloud.
Im in there most days when im well and dont usually ail much

Covid steadily gone through our family past few weeks, now I've got it 🤬 feel like shit. Least the match is on sky tomorrow, don't feel well enough to go anyway, but wouldn't like to spread it, even though there's no restrictions nowadays.

Had a persistent cough since end of Nov, but since work finished on 22nd Dec lost sense of taste and got a full on cold. Went to docs about the cough after ~3 weeks but they reckoned it was repeat viral infections so no anti bionics on offer.

Even the cold part has persisted longer than normal and I'm currently a luminous green snot factory. Merry everyone and hopefully it shifts for the new year, not touched the booze as a result.

Last edited:
Aye started about the 9th of December. Started off as a proper sore throat then Chest infection antibiotics off doctor then thrush in mouth off tablets. Proper write off

The other half got what she keeps calling Gripe A from her little nephew whilst we were over in Portugal, I understand it to be flu. She's still rotten with it a week later and the cough is like nails down a chalkboard. I've been inhaling unprecedented amounts of Boots Cold & Flu Defence up my nose for the past week and seem to have avoided it so far, touch wood.

Last edited:
Had a head cowld for 4 days over xmas. It's gone now, i'm fit as a lop.
Stop mixing you kna it makes sense.
Aye started about the 9th of December. Started off as a proper sore throat then Chest infection antibiotics off doctor then thrush in mouth off tablets. Proper write off
You need to ease off on the BJ's marra.

Last edited:

Back