Any gaming experts…

Built the following which came in less than £2k last November.

Amd 7800x3d
XFX 7900xtx
Corsair 32gb ddr5 6000mhz cas 30 ram
Adata 2tb gammix x 7300 ram
Msi X670e tomahawk gen 5 board
Fractal north case
Corsair 850w platinum or gold can’t remember power supply

I appreciate you may have no clue what these parts are but every single one is better than what they’re trying to sell you.

The spec in that link you posted is all last gen which will provide no upgrade path if you want to change something other than the graphics card which will be gimped by the fact it will be running on an ever aging platform.

Youll need a decent mouse and keyboard as well, what you doing for the monitor and sound?

Last edited:

Built the following which came in less than £2k last November.

Amd 7800x3d
XFX 7900xtx
Corsair 32gb ddr5 6000mhz cas 30 ram
Adata 2tb gammix x 7300 ram
Msi X670e tomahawk gen 5 board
Fractal north case
Corsair 850w platinum or gold can’t remember power supply

I appreciate you may have no clue what these parts are but every single one is better than what they’re trying to sell you.

The spec in that link you posted is all last gen which will provide no upgrade path if you want to change something other than the graphics card which will be gimped by the fact it will be running on an ever aging platform.

Youll need a decent mouse and keyboard as well, what you doing for the monitor and sound?
Thanks for the informative post mate. Would that need to be built yourself or somewhere that can pull it together? Already got a good monitor from his PS5 which he is happy with. Never even gave sound a thought albeit he’s always on headphones anyway.

Thanks for the informative post mate. Would that need to be built yourself or somewhere that can pull it together? Already got a good monitor from his PS5 which he is happy with. Never even gave sound a thought albeit he’s always on headphones anyway.
Headset probs be best.

I built it meself. Sourced the best deals for the parts using Uk pc part picker but I already knew what parts I was after.

Keep an eye out on Hot uk deals for pre built pc’s and read the discussion below the deal.

When’s it needed by?

For some flavour

This is very close to what you posted, 16gb ram instead of 32gb and the next processor down in the same line up and it’s 1200

Hot uk deals

Last edited:
It can be done for £1000 including a monitor. I built one fairly recently for a friends kid
Ryzen 5600
16gb ram
5700XT
1tb ssd
144hz 1440p 27" monitor

anymore for a 13 year old is nuts.

All I’d say is if you think he will continue to play pc games do not get a pc built around an already outdated platform that uses ddr4 ram. The graphics card does most of the work but they still rely on the system they’re attached to. If in 2 years time you upgraded the graphics card to whatever is out then, it’ll be like running a hypercar on 95 Ron petrol.

Headset probs be best.

I built it meself. Sourced the best deals for the parts using Uk pc part picker but I already knew what parts I was after.

Keep an eye out on Hot uk deals for pre built pc’s and read the discussion below the deal.

When’s it needed by?

For some flavour

This is very close to what you posted, 16gb ram instead of 32gb and the next processor down in the same line up and it’s 1200

Hot uk deals
Need it by 8th April. He was adamant he could build it himself but I said no way I’m buying parts for him to fuck it up. Someone at my work builds pc’s so I could get him to do it if I got the parts but like the idea of pre-built for warranty etc

My mistake there

Googled good parenting as clearly am a shit one and the op is actually textbook
I in no way suggested or implied you were a bad parent, simply that the OP is a good one.

He’s buying something his kid will get a lot of enjoyment from and learn from, it would be different if he was just buying something for show like a private reg.

My son turns 13 this month and he’s been badgering me to get him a gaming PC for his birthday. I’ve been very reluctant in the past as I think it’ll just be a fad but he’s right into his gaming now so think it’ll be well used. Problem is they’re not bloody cheap and I know nothing about them. This is the one he’s asked for, anyone here familiar with them can comment on whether it’s decent, value for money and will last? Cheers in advance.

Gaming PC
You'd need a £400+ monitor to go with it as well. I'd say that is overkill and too much money for a 13 year old as an entry level pc. You can get them for £800 which will suffice,just specced one before Christmas for a lad the same age

My son turns 13 this month and he’s been badgering me to get him a gaming PC for his birthday. I’ve been very reluctant in the past as I think it’ll just be a fad but he’s right into his gaming now so think it’ll be well used. Problem is they’re not bloody cheap and I know nothing about them. This is the one he’s asked for, anyone here familiar with them can comment on whether it’s decent, value for money and will last? Cheers in advance.

Gaming PC
get over to hotukdeals

only 16gig of ram but 1345

Dog shit for 1900, not worth it.
Got me thinking there - quick check on Scan

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X £215
4070TI £730
32GB 3200 DDR4 £100
1TB NVMe £55
B550 £96
750W gold £80
h5 Elite case £100
NZXT Kraken 240 £160

Total £1536
RRP £1899 = £363 difference, 24% markup

Not dreadful tbh
But its definitely now how I'd spend £1900 as things like the RAM, PSU, Motherboard are all "unknowns" And as per my earlier question, what does the kid actually want to play on? Could go much much cheaper if the plan is a 1080p 60hz monitor for example. With an upgrade to 1440p 144hz and a better GPU in 2 years time.
When you say "good monitor", what does that actually mean? Its not a faffy question, its actually really important.

If its 1080p 60hz, then that's becomes the limit on the entire system, and you can put the best things in the world in the PC, but they won't do a better job.
You'd need a £400+ monitor to go with it as well. I'd say that is overkill and too much money for a 13 year old as an entry level pc. You can get them for £800 which will suffice,just specced one before Christmas for a lad the same age
And as part of the process of learning about computers, you buy something now with an upgrade path. Something to spend that Xmas $$$ on each year. New monitor, new speakers, new GPU etc.

Last edited:
I work in an office mate. My tools are a pen and my sparkling personality. The prospect of using tiny screwdrivers and glue guns is terrifying

Got one of them already. Called my dad
If you're from suddick you'll have had all the pens away too 😉

Back