Any gaming experts…

GavFTM

Full Back
My son turns 13 this month and he’s been badgering me to get him a gaming PC for his birthday. I’ve been very reluctant in the past as I think it’ll just be a fad but he’s right into his gaming now so think it’ll be well used. Problem is they’re not bloody cheap and I know nothing about them. This is the one he’s asked for, anyone here familiar with them can comment on whether it’s decent, value for money and will last? Cheers in advance.

Gaming PC

It looks decent...depending on how many games he has installed at any one time he might need a bigger storage drive. I'd also up the memory to 64gb for the price. Make sure you get a decent monitor, no point having that high a spec and plugging it into a crappy one.

My son turns 13 this month and he’s been badgering me to get him a gaming PC for his birthday. I’ve been very reluctant in the past as I think it’ll just be a fad but he’s right into his gaming now so think it’ll be well used. Problem is they’re not bloody cheap and I know nothing about them. This is the one he’s asked for, anyone here familiar with them can comment on whether it’s decent, value for money and will last? Cheers in advance.

Gaming PC
Talk to Gary at AGM media on hylton road and he will build you a system to all your specs! A lot cheaper than pre built stuff

I'd say that and if he really gets into it then they are often be upscaled in increments

Christmas. Equals new graphic card etc
Gotta be mindful of motherboard and psu if the plan is to upgrade it…a decent independent shop would be able to advise the op tho.

That's quite expensive. How they can justify adding £530 to change the CPU to a Ryzen 9 5950X CPU is beyond me. They are only around £350 new now. You're better off buying the parts separate from the likes of CCL computers and building it yourself.

As an aside, is it normal to get a kid a £1900 birthday present?
It’s the pain of my poor southwick council house upbringing. I now lavish gifts onto my only child as I have more means than my parents had. I know it’s terrible but it makes me happy and the therapist can’t fix me.
Thick end of 2 grand for a birthday present, sounds like he needs a clip round the lug.
Probably but violence solves nowt. See my other reply
That's quite expensive. How they can justify adding £530 to change the CPU to a Ryzen 9 5950X CPU is beyond me. They are only around £350 new now. You're better off buying the parts separate from the likes of CCL computers and building it yourself.
Definitely not building one myself. I’ve seen the YouTube videos and I am confident of destroying every part in the process. Bloody minefield this

Last edited:
It’s the pain of my poor southwick council house upbringing. I now lavish gifts onto my only child as I have more means than my parents had. I know it’s terrible but it makes me happy and the therapist can’t fix me.

Probably but violence solves nowt. See my other reply

Definitely not building one myself. I’ve seen the YouTube videos and I am confident of destroying every part in the process. Bloody minefield this
Hahaha fair enough enjoy spoiling him.

You could adopt me … I’m happy with a few pints of IPA each week.

Back