Any gaming experts…

Yeah I’m sticking Green for the GPU specifically for the Raytracing tbh.

I’d LOVE a 4090 but can’t justify that alas. I really can’t see Nvidia being able to make huge improvements over that card. It’s a beast.
It is, if they were still the £1400 when I first started looking I’d have got one, would save at least one extra generation of card before buying again.

Depends on circumstances. A silly question tbf.
I think normal was a poor choice of word as it made the question open to interpretation. I guess common would have been a better word, I’m genuinely curious if a lot of people spend that amount on their kids birthdays.

I think normal was a poor choice of word as it made the question open to interpretation. I guess common would have been a better word, I’m genuinely curious if a lot of people spend that amount on their kids birthdays.
Clearly so. Some spend thousands, some penny's. Its been like this since time began.

You'd need a £400+ monitor to go with it as well. I'd say that is overkill and too much money for a 13 year old as an entry level pc. You can get them for £800 which will suffice,just specced one before Christmas for a lad the same age

I bought one of these on Ebay a year ago for £250 + £15 postage used but not much. Its top notch.

I bought one of these on Ebay a year ago for £250 + £15 postage used but not much. Its top notch.

Yeah spot on for 1440p, if he's spending £1900 on a base unit he'd want the 4k version which are usually a lot more

Built the following which came in less than £2k last November.

Amd 7800x3d
XFX 7900xtx
Corsair 32gb ddr5 6000mhz cas 30 ram
Adata 2tb gammix x 7300 ram
Msi X670e tomahawk gen 5 board
Fractal north case
Corsair 850w platinum or gold can’t remember power supply

I appreciate you may have no clue what these parts are but every single one is better than what they’re trying to sell you.

The spec in that link you posted is all last gen which will provide no upgrade path if you want to change something other than the graphics card which will be gimped by the fact it will be running on an ever aging platform.

Youll need a decent mouse and keyboard as well, what you doing for the monitor and sound?
Cheers for the advice. Followed a lot of what you said and got the parts online, other than got the NZXT case. A lad from work’s son offered to built it for me so cut out the build cost other than a few pints. Boys birthday was today and he’s absolutely over the moon with it.

View media item 12412

Back