Antibody tests a waste of time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

The group of scientists say as a positive result is unable to prove immunity, the tests offer "no benefit" to hospitals and care staff.

It looks like the big "game changer" is not so much of a game changer after all.

No one knows if it proves immunity or not but as there is not a case, to my knowledge, of someone having it twice then it could still be a game changer.

The goal posts move as it’s a new disease which seems to be ignored by those who just want to moan 24/7

Canny feat that mind :D tbf I do wonder how many are wandering around having had it with no knowledge
On the basis of a grain of rice on a chess board multipled 1x1 2x2 4x4 8x8 etc evryone would have had some form of contact with covid ... i believe its unfortunately been much more concentrated in certain places where exposure has been on going on a daily basis and we then have those who are much more pre disposed to be far more susceptible due to race and genetics.

I think waves and spikes are inevitable but eventually herd imunity will be more effective than the possibility of an effective vacine that makes it totally disappear. as a yearly flu jabs does not guarantee you wont get flu.

You probably didn't have covid at all, hence the negative antibody test.

Surprised really given the nature of the job but a fair few colleagues haven't had it either. Some I've worked closely with have had it too. I'd never had flu for the first 60 years of my life despite never having a flu jab so who knows what's going on with my immune system. It's a fascinating disease in how complex its interactions are with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back