Antibody tests a waste of time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, on here, has had one of these letters about testing ? My fatha has had one were he had to do a blood test & submit a photo of the test result and I've just found out my brothers son and sisters daughter have had a swab test thing. It occurred to me that this sounds like an awful lot of testing must be going on and as a suspicious type I'm curious how wide spread this is because that level of family analysis seems a bit odd to me.

These are probably part of the population surveys to find out what percentage of the population has Covid and has had Covid

I keep drip feeding small doses of Covid... ive been in contact with 5 people to my knowing who have tested positive for covid but have not been hospitalised but showed only minor symptoms. By avoiding areas like Hospitals when theyre peaking Nursing Homes for obvious reasons etc and what will be town centre boozers shortly... you have a far greater chance of building up your own immunity than relying on a vaccine
This is nonsense.

There is speculative evidence that dose us a key factor- but you cannot safely expose yourself to a disease.

Why you going to try next HIV , Ebola ??

Wait for a vaccine

This is nonsense.

There is speculative evidence that dose us a key factor- but you cannot safely expose yourself to a disease.

Wait for a vaccine

A vaccine is a safe exposure to a disease, in a way.

You can’t guarantee safety but I think many people would happily accept a dose of it and take their chances - simply because it’ll allow them (in their minds) to see family and friends safely.

This is nonsense.

Wait for a vaccine
Attenuated vaccines give exposure to disease. MMR, varicella are common examples

This is nonsense.

Wait for a vaccine
No vaccine for both of them you have mentioned... just better treatments as what they have found with the steroid dexamethasone so the outlook would no different to what it is now.

Attenuated vaccines give exposure to disease. MMR, varicella are common examples
Obviously
A vaccine is a safe exposure to a disease, in a way.

You can’t guarantee safety but I think many people would happily accept a dose of it and take their chances - simply because it’ll allow them (in their minds) to see family and friends safely.
Quite

My simple point was it needs to be done properly........via a tested vaccine .

Not via some radical quack suggestion on here of picking it up diwn the pub !!!

Last edited:
I keep drip feeding small doses of Covid... ive been in contact with 5 people to my knowing who have tested positive for covid but have not been hospitalised but showed only minor symptoms. By avoiding areas like Hospitals when theyre peaking Nursing Homes for obvious reasons etc and what will be town centre boozers shortly... you have a far greater chance of building up your own immunity than relying on a vaccine
Possibly the stupidest post I have ever read on here. And there is some competition

Talking crap as per usual I see ?
Ok. You should get your partner to check your posts before pushing. What with them being an infectious disease epidemiologist 😉

Have a look at vaccines and diseases such as chicken pox and it might teach you something.

Possibly the stupidest post I have ever read on here. And there is some competition

Yeah... Had a swab test and antigen test for a forthcoming hospital procedure... I've had it I have the antibody response and not had any symptoms... There are probably millions more like me too.
I think his point was more along the lines of a vaccine is a dose big enough to give immunity but not harm you

You could catch a small dose of COVID in the community and be on a ventilator this time next week

But there is no vaccine and won't be for some considerable time... Maybe if ever.

Last edited:
Yeah... Had a swab test and antigen test for a forthcoming hospital procedure... I've had it I have the antibody response and not had any symptoms... There are probably millions more like me too.

Did the swab test and antibody test come back positive at the same time?

But there is no vaccine and won't be for some considerable time... Maybe if ever.

That doesn’t mean people should go out effectively trying to microdose themselves with COVID like.

Did the swab test and antibody test come back positive at the same time?

That doesn’t mean people should go out effectively trying to microdose themselves with COVID like.
One could argue we have all encountered very small amounts already. The danger is how your immune system reacts to it ... If frequent very low dose encounters builds up your own immune system to respond more effectively it can only be a good thing.
Many Vaccinations can also cause an adverse reactions and also trigger the onset many debilitating autoimmune conditions

One could argue we have all encountered very small amounts already. The danger is how your immune system reacts to it ... If frequent very low dose encounters builds up your own immune system to respond more effectively it can only be a good thing.
Many Vaccinations can also cause an adverse reactions and also trigger the onset many debilitating autoimmune conditions

One can’t argue that, since the population sample antibody tests and statistical modelling suggest between 6% and 12% of people have antibodies.

Did your swab and antibody test come back positive at the same time?

Just ignore this one.

WUM
Ok. You should get your partner to check your posts before pushing. What with them being an infectious disease epidemiologist 😉

Have a look at vaccines and diseases such as chicken pox and it might teach you something.

Why do you insist on being such an arse ?

My comment was directed at some ameoba brained halfwit who was advocating going down the pub to pick up a 'small dose ' .

Do you agree with that. ??

Vaccines take years to produce because they can cause disease spread and death if not assessed first. They need very thorough testing

Some vaccines consist of a small dose of the live germ/ virus

- but not all vaccines work like that

Last edited:
One can’t argue that, since the population sample antibody tests and statistical modelling suggest between 6% and 12% of people have antibodies.

Did your swab and antibody test come back positive at the same time?
No Antibody test was done over 6 weeks ago ... was ordered to do with ENT problem of altered smell and taste ... Not that I could not smell or taste... It was no matter what I ate it tasted wrong like it was off and it smelt like it tasted... My wife and daughter said the food tasted normal and was fine I was told to self isolate for 14 days my wife and daughter had to do the same.... recently I've had some swallowing problems a scan has shown that acid is travelling up my windpipe and into Lungs I therfore have to have endoscopy I was swabbed last Tuesday and it came back positive... I've therfore had these symptoms for a number of weeks but gone about my life as normal except for the first self isolatiion the endoscopy is going to be done once the swab becomes normal or they may consider doing it before if it gets worse

Today I've cycled 15 miles and my breathing is fine smell and taste is the same. Last year I had bicuspid heart valve replaced and the last transthoracic Echo was all good Valve and Heart as well as ascending and desdcing Aortic Arteries. So not really what you would associate with COVID

I reckon if I got it I’d be fine. If someone with COVID coughed on me today I’d be pretty relaxed about it 🤷🏻‍♂️

i thought that too, and although i didn’t end up in hospital it was pretty close - it was horrible to go through and wouldn’t wish it on anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back