Anti-woke backlash

• Thread starter Deleted member 45261
  • Start date

I’ve been told I’m homophobic because I turned the telly over when 2 blokes were kissing and racist because I don’t like rap music.
so why did you turn the telly over, did you just not like it?
Well if that was the case racism, homophobia and the church would still be all the rage.
but it's not, because public opinion has deemed it unacceptable. So your own argument defeats itself :)

Last edited:
but it's not, because public opinion has deemed it unacceptable. So your own argument defeats itself :)
Only because some people first turned around and argued the case against it :lol:

3 historical examples here of the majority oppressing the minority in the name of correctness

Someone has to speak up first

Last edited:
Only because some people first turned around and argued the case against it :lol:
Indeed, but those arguments were not hate-speech, they were genuine debate which won through. I'm not sure what your point is. No one is stopping progressive debate, just the prejudiced crap.

Yes, is that a problem with you. And who exactly have I offended by turning it over?
Not a problem for me, but it does meet the definition of homophobic - *having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people."

'Like' is pretty binary, and it would seem that you don't like men doing that. Which is fine, but be ok with the definitions.
Listen for the historical examples he mentions
I did - can you quote the lines that were prejudiced or hateful?

Not a problem for me, but it does meet the definition of homophobic - *having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people."

'Like' is pretty binary, and it would seem that you don't like men doing that. Which is fine, but be ok with the definitions.

But I don’t have a prejudice or dislike for homosexual people.

You've just said you turned the tv over because you didn't like homosexual men kissing. Is that a dislike or a like?
I don’t have a problem with what they are or what they do. I would just prefer not to watch, if that makes me homophobic then so be it. If there was someone having a shit on the telly I would probably turn it over, I don’t have a problem with shitting, in fact I do it myself, I would just prefer not to watch.

Calling someone a gammon come under common decency? What about a snowflake? People have been offended by both before.
in theory, decency evolves as society become more enlightened - an 80s playground 'eenie meenie miney mo' evolved to catching fishies in recent years. a 21st century caveat seems to be online\offline decency, with online lagging way behind real life for many keyboard warriors. i don't think we're quite evolved on the gammon\snowflake debate yet.

Oh ffs.

Listen mate if you're not gonna watch the clip there's no point.

Have a good weekend and enjoy censoring people

Oh ffs.

Listen mate if you're not gonna watch the clip there's no point.

Have a good weekend and enjoy censoring people
I have watched it - he's not proclaiming prejudice and hate-speech at all. He's advocating causing offence in the name of progress is acceptable, which I agree with. He explicitly states that case of the 'gay times'. At no point does he say here is an example of anti-Semitism and it was good or similar.

What is it you want to speak about that you feel that you can't?

The problem with the article is that respect only goes one way. If you agree with the author you are wonderful and right thinking. If you don’t, then you are subject to a show of bile and name calling. There is no attempt to actually listen to what is being said, or to understand what has been said.

The people who voted for Brexit and Trump and the Conservatives won’t go away until someone actually addresses their concerns rather than meeting them with cries of racist, or thick or ignorant.

It’s no surprise that the poster girl and boy of being woke are Prince Harry and Meghan, two spoilt and indulged nonentities who, while telling everyone else how to live, spend their time circling the globe on private jets and running away from any kind of responsibility. Is anyone really supposed to see them as a positive example that we should aim for?

Back