Anti-woke backlash

• Thread starter Deleted member 45261
  • Start date

Without wanting to go all Godwin's Law but to use it as an extreme example: during the rise of the Nazis in Germany, would it have been better to defend their right to free speech or to be intolerant of their intolerance?

Didn't the nazi's famously stomp out freedom of speech? I think if they had to argue their views rather than impose them upon people the free market of ideas would have curtailed their rise.

I’ve just demonstrated that these people exist - I even said they were a minority of people who are active against intolerance as they perceive it. You really need evidence of someone I have actually met?
These people exist and they are as bad as any white supremisist.
You were responding to me saying that you will never meet someone who calls themselves "woke".

And although you may not like that they used the word "woke" there was nothing that the people in that video said that any reasonable person would disagree with. They certainly aren't as "bad as any white supremacist" and I have met loads of them.

Getting distressed about people using the word "woke" is another example of middle class persecution angst.

extreme example, being labelled a prick for holocaust jokes is probably more appropriate.
Extreme example :oops:

A court of Law.

Fucks sake... How much more extreme can you get?
I have watched it - he's not proclaiming prejudice and hate-speech at all. He's advocating causing offence in the name of progress is acceptable, which I agree with. He explicitly states that case of the 'gay times'. At no point does he say here is an example of anti-Semitism and it was good or similar.

What is it you want to speak about that you feel that you can't?
:lol: Is hate speech not considered causing offence like?

Last edited:
It was in response to someone posting that “nobody boasts of being woke”. They literally have the t-shirts.
I haven't watched the video, but are they using the word 'woke' in its original sense, which was from African-American communities and simply meant being aware of issues to do with social justice? It seems to me that the use of the word has been used as an insult by people whose narrative about the way the world works has been challenged, and they feel threatened by it.

I haven't watched the video, but are they using the word 'woke' in its original sense, which was from African-American communities and simply meant being aware of issues to do with social justice? It seems to me that the use of the word has been used as an insult by people whose narrative about the way the world works has been challenged, and they feel threatened by it.
It's been warped, hence the backlash.

surprised the usual suspect hasn’t been along yet to tell us we are all sad and constantly whinge despite our white privilege.
I for one am jet black with a massive wanger, caucasian job and smile all the time with my huge incandescent chompers.

Take that honkies!

Last edited:
This woke bollocks is just the vegan PC brigade who have ran out of things to be offended of.

If it was up to me get rid useless protesting hippies eugenics would sort them out....

I’ve been told I’m homophobic because I turned the telly over when 2 blokes were kissing and racist because I don’t like rap music.
That is absolutely pathetic. You turned off a programme you were enjoying because two people of the same gender kissed? Imagine that the other way round, gay people would never get through a f***ing show.

Is there anyone not respecting white males?

Has there ever been a time in your life as a white male when you've thought "I wish I was a black woman so that I could get a job (or whatever)"?
As a white male born in Pennywell, getting free school meals and living in poverty for most of my childhood people can go an fuck themselves if they want to say I was born into privilege.

As a white male born in Pennywell, getting free school meals and living in poverty for most of my childhood people can go an fuck themselves if they want to say I was born into privilege.
But being a white male hasn't stopped you from progressing in life. Or caused you to suffer abuse. The use of the word privelege is unfortunate cos it also implies wealth to people. Shouldn't be used in these discussions by either side.

But being a white male hasn't stopped you from progressing in life. Or caused you to suffer abuse. The use of the word privelege is unfortunate cos it also implies wealth to people. Shouldn't be used in these discussions by either side.
It hasn't stopped me progressing, but neither did being black stop many of the people on my course in university from doing so.

It hasn't stopped me progressing, but neither did being black stop many of the people on my course in university from doing so.
No, but for some people, in some situations, their colour, sexuality etc causes them to be treated negatively. Until that stops there is something wrong. Woke etc is just a bull shit label, but we do still have unfair inequality in society. Until that stops in ALL forms then we should fight against it

The problem with the article is that respect only goes one way. If you agree with the author you are wonderful and right thinking. If you don’t, then you are subject to a show of bile and name calling. There is no attempt to actually listen to what is being said, or to understand what has been said.

The people who voted for Brexit and Trump and the Conservatives won’t go away until someone actually addresses their concerns rather than meeting them with cries of racist, or thick or ignorant.

It’s no surprise that the poster girl and boy of being woke are Prince Harry and Meghan, two spoilt and indulged nonentities who, while telling everyone else how to live, spend their time circling the globe on private jets and running away from any kind of responsibility. Is anyone really supposed to see them as a positive example that we should aim for?

what are their concerns?

At least you don’t get stopped by plod just going about your daily business...
I have in the past
No, but for some people, in some situations, their colour, sexuality etc causes them to be treated negatively. Until that stops there is something wrong. Woke etc is just a bull shit label, but we do still have unfair inequality in society. Until that stops in ALL forms then we should fight against it
I agree. That doesn't stop me being discriminated against because of my accent or how I look.

Last edited:

Back