Anti-woke backlash

• Thread starter Deleted member 45261
  • Start date

Sorry, don't have time to read it, but are you saying that you're against the idea of being respectful to minorities?
This is the problem.

There are people who either honestly don't know or deliberately play ignorant to say that this is just about people having the right to complain about the f***ing blacks and gays.

And there are people who understand that the backlash against wokeness goes far deeper than this.

This argument about "wokeness" and PC gone mad shit is not just about bendy bananas and someone wanting to be racist.

It's about cancel culture, the right to offend, the right to be wrong and to discuss ideas, the right to make jokes and the right to have an opinion on something without being told because of your skin colour you shouldn't have that opinion.

I would never a million years say there is a problem with a culture that puts pressure on people to be nice to ethnic minorities or any other well meaning people for that matter.

I do however have a problem with Guardian columnists who have lived a life of luxury their entire life telling me homeless people benefit from white privelege and she is automatically a victim just because of her skin colour.

Last edited:
This is the problem.

There are people who either honestly don't know or deliberately play ignorant to say that this is just about people having the right to complain about the f***ing blacks and gays.

And there are people who understand that the backlash against wokeness goes far deeper than this.

This argument about "wokeness" and PC gone mad shit is not just about bendy bananas and someone wanting to be racist.

It's about cancel culture, the right to offend, the right to be wrong and to discuss ideas, the right to make jokes and the right to have an opinion on something without being told because of your skin colour you shouldn't have that opinion.

I would never a million years say there is a problem with a culture that puts pressure on people to be nice to ethnic minorities or any other well meaning people for that matter.

I do however have a problem with Guardian columnists who have lived a life of luxury their entire life telling me homeless people benefit from white privelege and she is automatically a victim just because of her skin colour.
Well put fella and I couldn't agree more, cheers
Sorry, don't have time to read it, but are you saying that you're against the idea of being respectful to minorities?
I think respect should be universal, including towards white males.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put fella and I couldn't agree more, cheers

I think respect should be universal, including towards white males.

Is there anyone not respecting white males?

Has there ever been a time in your life as a white male when you've thought "I wish I was a black woman so that I could get a job (or whatever)"?
This is the problem.

And yet by reading the article, it seems to be saying "f***ing hell, the world is being taken over by gammons! We need to do something quick or these morons are going to ruin society for everyone!"

Last edited:
It's the latest name for people who respect minorities.
I think it's fair to say it's not that anymore.
And yet by reading the article, it seems to be saying "f***ing hell, the world is being taken over by gammons! We need to do something quick or these morons are going to ruin society for everyone!"
You do realise that article was written by someone who works for the Guardian right?

It says the guardian at the top.

Last edited:
You do realise that article was written by someone who works for the Guardian right?

I don't see how that is relevant. The article clearly states that the intolerant are gaining a greater platform in the world. That's a bad thing. Those people need putting in their place.

I don't see how that is relevant. The article clearly states that the intolerant are gaining a greater platform in the world. That's a bad thing. Those people need putting in their place.
What makes you think the article is correct?

Is there anyone not respecting white males?

Has there ever been a time in your life as a white male when you've thought "I wish I was a black woman so that I could get a job (or whatever)"?
Yes the racist woman in the audience showed complete disrespect to the man in question, maybe watch the clip.

And personally not really but I lived in Liverpool and went for a job with the council, didn't get it and to be white British and male in that environment would put you very much into the minority bracket, trust me on that and it's not a totally unknown phenomena either, just look at the Democrat nominee Pocahontas in the States for a prime example of what you mention.

Yes the racist woman in the audience showed complete disrespect to the man in question, maybe watch the clip.

And personally not really but I lived in Liverpool and went for a job with the council, didn't get it and to be white British and male in that environment would put you very much into the minority bracket, trust me on that and it's not a totally unknown phenomena either, just look at the Democrat nominee Pocahontas in the States for a prime example of what you mention.

A woman is racist in that one program, therefore all respect for minorities is wrong?

Oh I dunno, Trump is in power in the US, Brexit is about to happen based on the lies of a populist demagogue in the UK, gobshites on here are feeling more justified than they used to be in suggesting that their intolerance is acceptable....
Doesn't make a difference, If it was hilary clinton in the white house and remain won, people would still be complaining about woke culture.

Doesn't make a difference, If it was hilary clinton in the white house and remain won, people would still be complaining about woke culture.

Yes, the same people that for the last 20 years have been complaining that "political correctness has gone mad".

Now they just have a new word for the people that disagree with them.
WHO IS SAYING THAT?

That's not where legitimate criticism of woke culture comes from

What exactly is the legitimate criticism of people that believe we should be respectful of minorities?

Back