Anti mask demonstrations - Trafalgar Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly brave demonstrating against masks outdoors.

I wonder how many of these people would be against sharing an hour long bus journey sat near a COVID positive person, who isn’t wearing a mask?
Considering they would have a 99.7% survival rate regardless,plenty. Next problem.

Conspiracy Theorghy #9981890471804721394 masks are not going away whilst factories in china are mass producing them and slipping WHO back handers to keep them telling us how great they are

what sort of scruffy tramp rides a bus

Loads of people get public transport there mate. Millions a day I reckon. Bizarre comment

No
So a 20 year old and an 80 year old have the same survival rate do they?
I can see your thinking now. You'd have to extrapolate all the individual ages and health prible
Check your maths, the mortality rate is 4.3%.

933,423 deaths from 21,299,021 cases.

Therefore they'd have a 95.7% survival rate, or about a 1 in 20 chance of dying.
That conclusion is based on everyone having it though, which they dont. You don't know everyone's circumstances, you are making assumptions based on the above

Last edited:
No

I can see your thinking now. You'd have to extrapolate all the individual ages and health prible

That conclusion is based on everyone having it though, which they dont. You don't know everyone's circumstances, you are making assumptions based on the above
These are confirmed cases.

Do you know something we don't?

They're a mix of Icke nutters, anti-vaxxers, genuine fascists, a scattering of loopy lefties, 5G weirdos and in general the kind of people you wouldn't want sitting next to you on a train unless you had big headphones on.
All united by a belief that Brexit is still a good idea no doubt...😀

Reactions: Hep
Check your maths, the mortality rate is 4.3%.

933,423 deaths from 21,299,021 cases.

Therefore they'd have a 95.7% survival rate, or about a 1 in 20 chance of dying.

The mortality rate for coronavirus is not 4.3%.

There a millions of people who have had coronavirus not dead and not included in the above figures.
These are confirmed cases.

Do you know something we don't?

Yes, there were few or no tests early on in the pandemic.

Last edited:
The mortality rate for coronavirus is not 4.3%.

There a millions of people who have had coronavirus not dead and not included in the above figures.

Yes, there were few or no tests early on in the pandemic.
So what do we go off?

Confirmed cases and death numbers seem pretty solid to me, given we've got 21M cases.

Are you just assuming lots of people have had it without being confirmed?

That's great to hear, can you share your fact-based evidence to back this up?

To be fair, the numerator and denominator are uneven in regards to data quality

the reported number of deaths will be considerably closer to the true number of deaths, than reported cases are to true cases.

I’m sure an estimated 4m in the UK have had COVID, making the case fatality rate more like 1%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back