Antalya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey gets a bad rep, it's proximity to Syria has a lot of people shitting it (thanks media). Its a f***ing beautiful place. The locals aren't that bad really, same as in any Mediterranean place- I've had worse in Spain tbh.
Food is hitty- missy, sometimes you get outstanding stuff and other times you get bang average bait- try to avoid restaurants that attempt to do loads of different styles, like offering Chinese, Indian and Western dishes, cos guaranteed they won't be of a high standard. You usually can't go worng with a good steakhouse.
Get loads of shnide claes
Booked a cheap last minute deal to turkey with a few friends few years back. Hotel was amazing but 10 days of hugging the toilet through food poisoning and losing nearly 2 stone kind of ruined the holiday.

The plane journey back was horrific having to literally sit in the toilet shitting and vomiting.

I vow never to set foot in the country again.

Got an unexpected holiday to Antalya, all inclusive, anyone been, and whats it like. Looking forward to a vast assortment of kebab houses. Yes I know, look at me wheeeeee.
its class mate, take nee notice of all the holiday snoby twats calling it...great weather, great beaches and cheap as owt...also plenty of history to see if your keen...whats not to like.

Been to Lara Beach and Icmeler, loved both. Although there are the pushy, sleazy types mentioned the people are in the main extremely friendly. Got stopped a few times when out running just for a chat and that. Some class bait too - I probably preferred Icmeler overall.
There's no where to eat at all in Lara beach except in the hotel you are stopping at.They are all All inclusive. Most are of a good standard, but I prefer the choice of having a wander and a meal out and a cold beer. Lara beach didn't provide that option.

There's no where to eat at all in Lara beach except in the hotel you are stopping at.They are all All inclusive. Most are of a good standard, but I prefer the choice of having a wander and a meal out and a cold beer. Lara beach didn't provide that option.
There are a few steak & fish restaurants in Antalya old town. Pisser of a taxi ride from Lara Beach depending upon which hotel you are in though. As has been said, we prefer Side but that's about 120 euro in a taxi.

Twinned with Pallion then
It’s hell on Earth.

“You come in my restaurant”

“My eenglish Rose” to your lass.

“I wanna make a fuck to you my a eenglsh rose” to your lass.

“You wanna buy fire extinguisher lighter”

“You wanna buy a kettle”

Been to Turkey 5 times on holiday and never had a bad one yet.
The best time to have a look around the shops etc. is on an evening when it is cooler. You dont get any hassle then - not that you get much anyway.
The people have always been great and the food is always spot on.

Been to Turkey 5 times on holiday and never had a bad one yet.
The best time to have a look around the shops etc. is on an evening when it is cooler. You dont get any hassle then - not that you get much anyway.
The people have always been great and the food is always spot on.
I get the impression someone on here booked a 2* in Marmaris and didn't enjoy it so wrote the whole country off. His loss. I could wander around the Roman ruins in Side harbour all day. I have, in fact. They have now rebuilt a lot of the town with glass pavements so you can see the old Roman town beneath. It's class.

It’s hell on Earth.

“You come in my restaurant”

“My eenglish Rose” to your lass.

“I wanna make a fuck to you my a eenglsh rose” to your lass.

“You wanna buy fire extinguisher lighter”

“You wanna buy a kettle”
did the fire extinguisher lighter last long? did your lass enjoy it?, and the holiday?

Flew in once ,transfer coach was like Beirut til you get to the massive Hotel .Ticked the box at the time Cheap AI With a small child .No interest now

Antalya area is excellent. As is Fethiye area. (olu deniz, hisaronu).

Keep away from scratter central .. Altinkum, Marmaris, Bodrum, Belek.
Bodrum is not scummy at all- Gumbet may be but Bodrum certainly isnt.
Also, Belek scummy??? Best hotels and Golf Courses available- Maxx Royal, Rixos etc are some of the worlds best around.
No one goes out at night in Belek so i would like to know where the scum are.
Altinkum and Marmaris are shit holes though- even turks from there tell you not to go as they are shite.

Sounds like a Romanian cleaner that'll mop your kitchen in her skimpies if you bung her an extra tenner.

Bodrum is not scummy at all- Gumbet may be but Bodrum certainly isnt.
Also, Belek scummy??? Best hotels and Golf Courses available- Maxx Royal, Rixos etc are some of the worlds best around.
No one goes out at night in Belek so i would like to know where the scum are.
Altinkum and Marmaris are shit holes though- even turks from there tell you not to go as they are shite.

The links course in Belek was class. Shame I am the worst golfer in the world or I would have enjoyed it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back