Antalya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey gets a bad rep, it's proximity to Syria has a lot of people shitting it (thanks media). Its a f***ing beautiful place. The locals aren't that bad really, same as in any Mediterranean place- I've had worse in Spain tbh.
Food is hitty- missy, sometimes you get outstanding stuff and other times you get bang average bait- try to avoid restaurants that attempt to do loads of different styles, like offering Chinese, Indian and Western dishes, cos guaranteed they won't be of a high standard. You usually can't go worng with a good steakhouse.
Get loads of shnide claes
The place is a run down shithole full of gangsters and rapists. There’s nothing there worth seeing.

Been to Lara Beach and Icmeler, loved both. Although there are the pushy, sleazy types mentioned the people are in the main extremely friendly. Got stopped a few times when out running just for a chat and that. Some class bait too - I probably preferred Icmeler overall.

No idea why people would enjoy being pestered to fuck.
I went to Egypt once and it was nothing short of horrific.
Middle aged desperate British women tend to love it.

Been to Lara Beach and Icmeler, loved both. Although there are the pushy, sleazy types mentioned the people are in the main extremely friendly. Got stopped a few times when out running just for a chat and that. Some class bait too - I probably preferred Icmeler overall.

Lara Beach for me!! Thought it was a beautiful place, just stayed in the resort though but private beach and all inclusive, whats not to like, well worth a trip in my opinion

Antalya area is excellent. As is Fethiye area. (olu deniz, hisaronu).

Keep away from scratter central .. Altinkum, Marmaris, Bodrum, Belek.
Olu Deniz and Hisaronu are lush places. We get a villa and on a morning sit and have breakfast and a rum while watching the first paragliders take off

Went to Lara Beach last year, it was great. Visited Antayla twice and the only issue was the obvious people trying to drag you into shops. Had a walk around best we could though but it was touching 38oC so it was a struggle. Visted a cafe / restaurant and the staff were so friendly and just wanted to talk.

I wouldnt warn anyone off it.

We love Turkey, been to Sensatori Fethiye (highly recommend) and we are back again in September this year. Done June twice and both times temp reached 44 was mental. Did a couple of trips whilst over there one included gorge walking, river rafting and zip wiring. Was canny with the weather being so hot, the water felt freezing. Nice and refreshing.
Also visited pammukule too. Long day but worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back