Another u-turn ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not risky. There is minimal risk.

The risk of catching or passing anything to somebody when they’re sat on our sofa or around your kitchen table is massive in
I don't agree.
I think going to a shop where hundreds or probably thousands have been over the previous few days is riskier than having two people over for lunch.
I think going to the gym is riskier. I think going to the cinema is riskier or the pantomime at the theatre, and going to church is riskier. Going to a cafe or a pub or a restaraunt i think is far riskier.
I think going to work is riskier.
I think they're all riskier than having 2 people over for dinner.
Unfortunately the press have made this a clickbait to get folk like you up in arms and branding people following the rules idiots.

Its hypocritical and you're hypocritical. Imo like.

Last edited:

I don't agree.
I think going to a shop where hundreds or probably thousands have been over the previous few days is riskier than having two people over for lunch.
I think going to the gym is riskier. I think going to the cinema is riskier or the pantomime at the theatre, and going to church is riskier. Going to a cafe or a pub or a restaraunt i think is far riskier.
I think going to work is riskier.
I think they're all riskier than having 2 people over for dinner.
Unfortunately the press have made this a clickbait to get folk like you up in arms and branding people following the rules idiots.

Its hypocritical and you're hypocritical. Imo like.

A family member that you don’t live with may as well be the stranger on the bus or in the cinema or anywhere.

You have no idea who those two people you’ve invited into your house have been in contact with.

You have no idea who those two people you’ve invited into your house have been in contact with.
Why don’t you? My parents have only been to the supermarket and to pick my kids up from school.

In fact if they were to pass on or pick up anything it’ll be in the 4 hours a week they look after my kids rather than the 2 hours or so on one day that they’ll be in my house for Christmas.

Why don’t you? My parents have only been to the supermarket and to pick my kids up from school.

In fact if they were to pass on or pick up anything it’ll be in the 4 hours a week they look after my kids rather than the 2 hours or so on one day that they’ll be in my house for Christmas.

Most people aren't as lucky as you obviously.

I assume you normally fully socially distance then? And intend to on Christmas day?

How would they enforce it though? They haven't been able to do much about the laws they did make have they?
I dont necessarily mean the enforcement bit as there is little capacity to do so but guidance just means if you are inclined to do so you will just ignore it knowing nothing will happen.

A family member that you don’t live with may as well be the stranger on the bus or in the cinema or anywhere.

You have no idea who the fella who isn't wearing a mask n the shop/cinema/church/pub/restaraunt that you go in has been in contact with. And there are loads out there doing that. I saw 2 non mask wearers in one visit to tesco in a 5 min click and collect visit.

I get your point, I just don't agree that one is worse than the other.

Oh, and they're my parents.
I know that like me they're being careful and following rules.
I know there are probably quite a few folk who don't. And you could be mixing with these people when you go to any shop. Its only for a few months.stay indoors and order everything online.

Last edited:
Boris bottled it , as a leader he’s been pretty shit
I agree he has been shit and hasnt led on anything but would anyone want to be remembered as the first person to cancel xmas festivities since Cromwell and his merry band of puritans. If he had cancelled xmas it would have made it harder to justify the January lockdown now he can just use xmas to help justify it.

My Mam would make the dinner for all of us as she usually does if we wantedit. We've all talked her into not bothering and only my sister and her husband are going there. The whole thing is getting on my tits so much it's tempting me to just fuck it and let her crack on do what's she's been wanting to do. It would mean there's about 16 of us though.

I agree he has been shit and hasnt led on anything but would anyone want to be remembered as the first person to cancel xmas festivities since Cromwell and his merry band of puritans. If he had cancelled xmas it would have made it harder to justify the January lockdown now he can just use xmas to help justify it.
Didn’t need to cancel just say 2 households only (Max 6 people ?) and over 2 day period only . Less risk surely
My Mam would make the dinner for all of us as she usually does if we wantedit. We've all talked her into not bothering and only my sister and her husband are going there. The whole thing is getting on my tits so much it's tempting me to just fuck it and let her crack on do what's she's been wanting to do. It would mean there's about 16 of us though.
Similar scenario here 😀😀

Last edited:
It still surprises me that not more people are talking about the possibility that infections would have actually gone down over Christmas as the schools are shut. I think this is the gamble the government are taking, things won’t escalate and they will claim success.

It still surprises me that not more people are talking about the possibility that infections would have actually gone down over Christmas as the schools are shut. I think this is the gamble the government are taking, things won’t escalate and they will claim success.
aye, BUT , all the schoolkids will be mixing with their grandparents

He (and the other 4 nation leaders) were in a no-win with this one tbf, after announcing the relaxation and then the spike in cases since, he was damned either way. Welsh blokey has only slightly adjusted the rules and even then only because I think he knows he handled the whole thing pretty badly and is out of a job at next vote anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back