Another u-turn ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.
I don't agree. There is an element of risk in anything and it's up to individuals to assess that risk
I drive over 70 on motorways often. I know I shouldn't do it as speed is the main cause of accidents, but I have assessed that risk and will often do it.
I know there is a virus going round and we should all self isolate and keep socially distant, but I still go to the gym as the benefit to me is greater than the risk.
I know that it is risky to leave the house, but I still go to tesco rather than online shopping. I am happy with the risk.
Some people asses risks differently to me and I certainly won't patronise them for being more or less caution, and I certainly won't brand them idiots.

It's not just the risk to your family. It's the risk to everybody.

Your Brother gives it to you as he's asymptomatic. You're also asymptomatic. We're in the gym together. You give it to me. I die. Cheers.

It's not just the risk to your family. It's the risk to everybody.

Your Brother gives it to you as he's asymptomatic. You're also asymptomatic. We're in the gym together. You give it to me. I die. Cheers.
Why are you going to the gym?
You get it at the gym, and if you ever leave the house you give it to someone else. Or give it to your wife or kids at home.
They die. Nice one.

You go to tesco. Or the range . Or costco
Or a garden centre. Or the bridges. Or a chippy.
You get the virus. You give it to someone else. They die.
Nice one.

I personally believe having two parents round their sons or daughters house is no where near as bad as you going to the gym.
But there you have it
I won't pass judgement and call someone an idiot for a different viewpoint.
Really , the only ones that can do that are the virtuous. Those that never ever speed. Never break any rules.
Those that have never gone in a shop or shopping centre since March. never gone anywhere other people are.
Everything has risk

Why are you going to the gym?
You get it at the gym, and if you ever leave the house you give it to someone else. Or give it to your wife or kids at home.
They die. Nice one.

You go to tesco. Or the range . Or costco
Or a garden centre. Or the bridges. Or a chippy.
You get the virus. You give it to someone else. They die.
Nice one.

I personally believe having two parents round their sons or daughters house is no where near as bad as you going to the gym.
But there you have it
I won't pass judgement and call someone an idiot for a different viewpoint.
Really , the only ones that can do that are the virtuous. Those that never ever speed. Never break any rules.
Those that have never gone in a shop or shopping centre since March. never gone anywhere other people are.
Everything has risk

It’s about breaking the chains of transmission. Having minimal contact with people you do not live with. Social distancing outdoors with strangers and shops is pretty riskless especially with a mask.

It’s easy. The virus isn’t taking a Christmas break. Inviting people into your house when all of this is going on is stupid.

FWIW I don’t go to the gym. I used it because it was in you example. I have abided by the rules. People will not be coming in my house this Christmas.

It’s one Christmas.

People are missing the point. Wales have changed the guidance however the law still permits 3 households.
And thats the problem. Guidance not law so if people dont follow it then there are little consequences (apart from potentially giving someone COVID)

It’s about breaking the chains of transmission. Having minimal contact with people you do not live with. Social distancing outdoors with strangers and shops is pretty riskless especially with a mask.

It’s easy. The virus isn’t taking a Christmas break. Inviting people into your house when all of this is going on is stupid.

FWIW I don’t go to the gym. I used it because it was in you example. I have abided by the rules. People will not be coming in my house this Christmas.

It’s one Christmas.

Nailed it marra, you think the government were forcing people in invade old peoples homes the way some people are going on. Everybody's personal circumstances are different and everybody should be trusted to assess, judge and take appropriate action to minimise the risk. Unless you have locked yourself in the house since march you have been taking some kind of risk.

It’s one Christmas.

How about the people who have no one else to spend Christmas with. These people if following the rules have had no company in a household for months on end with still months yet to go before its allowed. If they do wish should these people not be allowed to form a social bubble for a few days with taking some necessary precautions before hand? People having to shut themselves away for month after month after month is doing untold damage to many people

Last edited:
Nailed it marra, you think the government were forcing people in invade old peoples homes the way some people are going on. Everybody's personal circumstances are different and everybody should be trusted to assess, judge and take appropriate action to minimise the risk. Unless you have locked yourself in the house since march you have been taking some kind of risk.

If somebody lives by themselves then absolutely invite them over and be careful.

Inviting two more families into your house because ‘they want to see the grandbairns’ is just idiotic. Totally uncessary and selfish. We’ll have 700 deaths a day again in Feb.

How about the people who have no one else to spend Christmas with. These people if following the rules have had no company in a household for months on end with still months yet to go before its allowed. If they do wish should these people not be allowed to form a social bubble for a few days with taking some necessary precautions before hand? People having to shut themselves away for month after month after month is doing untold damage to many people

Please see above.

I don't think he is posting about lonely folk, you keep brining them up to defend the feckless.

If somebody lives by themselves then absolutely invite them over and be careful.

Inviting two more families into your house because ‘they want to see the grandbairns’ is just idiotic. Totally uncessary and selfish. We’ll have 700 deaths a day again in Feb.

Please see above.

People who have been use to seeing family daily, weekly, fortnightly etc havent been able to spend any proper time with them for months. Especially when it comes to grandkids, not been able to cuddle, kiss, pick them up from school, have them stay over etc etc for months and months on end. That does untold damage to people that. If they so wish they should be able to form small bubbles with each other for a few days. It could be the only thing that can keep people sane in these times
I don't think he is posting about lonely folk, you keep brining them up to defend the feckless.

Everybody has different thresholds when it comes to being lonely. You'll only be happy when everybody is leading as miserable existence as you are.

Last edited:
People who have been use to seeing family daily, weekly, fortnightly etc havent been able to spend any proper time with them for months. Especially when it comes to grandkids, not been able to cuddle, kiss, pick them up from school, have them stay over etc etc for months and months on end. That does untold damage to people that. If they so wish they should be able to form small bubbles with each other for a few days. It could be the only thing that can keep people sane in these times

Everybody has different thresholds when it comes to being lonely. You'll only be happy when everybody is leading as miserable existence as you are.

I totally disagree.

It’s just another day.

We’re weeks away from getting back to some kind of normal. Another 5-6000 deaths is totally unnecessary.

Mental health is important. So is not killing people when it can be avoided.

Well that's not been very nice is it ? I'm starting to think you don't really care about lonely,miserable folk at all
I was hoping you would invite me round for Xmas brunch, I will bring me own crackers ?

I totally disagree.

It’s just another day.

We’re weeks away from getting back to some kind of normal. Another 5-6000 deaths is totally unnecessary.

Mental health is important. So is not killing people when it can be avoided.

Surely it's all about a balance? I take it you think we should still be in full lockdown like we were from march to june?

It’s one Christmas.
Shopping isn't riskless.
Your mask helps stop transmitting not getting it.
Loads of folk don't wear masks. There are threads on here about it. Usually oldies from what I've seen
Its risky going out anywhere, especially when you don't need to. And going where hundreds of people are is stupid
Its only a few months
Use online delivery. There is absolutely no need in this day and age to go into a shop.
I'm having my two parents over for Christmas who I have seen only once this year.
If you have been in any sort of shop or anywhere inside with others in the last few weeks or plan to in the next few months then you are hypocritical and as stupid as me.
I also have abided by all the rules.

Last edited:
No.
I don't agree. There is an element of risk in anything and it's up to individuals to assess that risk
I drive over 70 on motorways often. I know I shouldn't do it as speed is the main cause of accidents, but I have assessed that risk and will often do it.
I know there is a virus going round and we should all self isolate and keep socially distant, but I still go to the gym as the benefit to me is greater than the risk.
I know that it is risky to leave the house, but I still go to tesco rather than online shopping. I am happy with the risk.
Some people asses risks differently to me and I certainly won't patronise them for being more or less caution, and I certainly won't brand them idiots.
Sure the usuals will be along to tell you soon how you shouldn't have any self-governance on your own tolerance of risk...

Shopping isn't riskless.
Your mask helps stop transmitting not getting it.
Loads of folk don't wear masks. There are threads on here about it. Usually oldies from what I've seen
Its risky going out anywhere, especially when you don't need to. And going where hundreds of people are is stupid
Its only a few months
Use online delivery. There is absolutely no need in this day and age to go into a shop.
I'm having my two parents over for Christmas who I have seen only once this year.
If you have been in any sort of shop or anywhere inside with others in the last few weeks or plan to in the next few months then you are hypocritical and as stupid as me.
I also have abided by all the rules.

It’s not risky. There is minimal risk.

The risk of catching or passing anything to somebody when they’re sat on our sofa or around your kitchen table is massive in comparison.
Sure the usuals will be along to tell you soon how you shouldn't have any self-governance on your own tolerance of risk...

Is risk of catching it is his perogative.

What I take exception to is that he can do nothing to prevent spreading it if he does catch it until it’s too late.

Last edited:

Please see above.
It could get a lot more selfish.
I could demand others make drastic adjustments to their way of life to accommodate my intolerance of risk.
It’s not risky. There is minimal risk.

The risk of catching or passing anything to somebody when they’re sat on our sofa or around your kitchen table is massive in comparison.

Is risk of catching it is his perogative.

What I take exception to is that he can do nothing to prevent spreading it if he does catch it until it’s too late.
Spreading it to who?

Spreading it to who?

Literally anybody else he comes into contact with.

If he catches it from a family member on Dec 23 he would likely still be contagious on 6th January. In that time I imagine he will have had to go to the shops or probably even been back to work.
I could demand others make drastic adjustments to their way of life to accommodate my intolerance of risk.

It's exactly the same risk the week of Christmas as it is now and as it was on March 1st.

Our sacrifice saves lives. Many many more would be dead without it.

And thats the problem. Guidance not law so if people dont follow it then there are little consequences (apart from potentially giving someone COVID)
How would they enforce it though? They haven't been able to do much about the laws they did make have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back