Another u-turn ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

He (and the other 4 nation leaders) were in a no-win with this one tbf, after announcing the relaxation and then the spike in cases since, he was damned either way. Welsh blokey has only slightly adjusted the rules and even then only because I think he knows he handled the whole thing pretty badly and is out of a job at next vote anyway.
It's a difficult decision, but for me he is elected to make a decision and impose rules.
He hasnt, he wants people to make there own decisions, sadly it won't work that way.
He needs to grow a pair, instead of trying to keep people happy.
A PM who can't decide what he wants, is a disgrace.

It's a difficult decision, but for me he is elected to make a decision and impose rules.
He hasnt, he wants people to make there own decisions, sadly it won't work that way.
He needs to grow a pair, instead of trying to keep people happy.
A PM who can't decide what he wants, is a disgrace.

He has made a decision - to keep the relaxation proposed previously but with additional guidance and advice and a plea not to take the piss. It's unpopular with some people. He could have gone the other way and revoked the relaxation rules. It would be unpopular with some people. At this stage his decision is only wrong if you disagree with it. In a months time we'll know from the perspective of virus control if he made the right call or not.

I don't see any problem, some families e.g. without vulnerable members, will be able to meet up after considering the risks without breaking the law and some families e.g. with elderly or vulnerable members, will decide it's not worth the risk and follow the advice.

I do accept though that some will take advantage of the relaxation regardless of the risk but they may have done that anyway.

I don't see any problem, some families e.g. without vulnerable members, will be able to meet up after considering the risks without breaking the law and some families e.g. with elderly or vulnerable members, will decide it's not worth the risk and follow the advice.

I do accept though that some will take advantage of the relaxation regardless of the risk but they may have done that anyway.

Agree 100%

Normally there will be a few days of ministers being trotted out saying ‘ the gov have been very clear blah blah’ then some no10 briefing perhaps on Saturday night around 10pm suggesting a u turn , then by the time everyone is watching spoty on Sunday turn complete ......

Almost spot on with prediction, u turn happened about 24 hours earlier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back