Another person dies of stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe, just maybe, train windows shouldn't open enough for people to stick their heads out of ?
What is the reason for train windows to open fully ??

Are you being serious? :lol:

Entirely serious,
I was on a plane yesterday and couldn't stick my head out of the window. I then got on a coach where I also couldn't stick my head out of the window.
Enlighten me and let me know why we are able to hang out of trains ?

Entirely serious,
I was on a plane yesterday and couldn't stick my head out of the window. I then got on a coach where I also couldn't stick my head out of the window.
That documentary, Goldfinger, explains why planes don't have windows that open.

Entirely serious,

For me, the emphasis should be on common sense and relying on people having an understanding that body parts are easily removed when travelling at high speeds rather than a nanny state whereby people don’t have to think for themselves.

For me, the emphasis should be on common sense and relying on people having an understanding that body parts are easily removed when travelling at high speeds rather than a nanny state whereby people don’t have to think for themselves.

Agreed, but it's such an easy problem to resolve without impacting anybody but the terminally stupid.

Exactly. It's like saying we shouldn't let anyone in the sea cos they might drown.

Agreed, but it's such an easy problem to resolve without impacting anybody but the terminally stupid.
Not really. a lot of operators still use mark3 coaches with the handles on the exterior, so its either retro fitting some sort of auto window lock or back to permanently locked windows and a guard in each station to open the doors. Not sure when the end of service life is either

Me and my mate once did this, facing each other out of different windows. I was facing forward and I noticed we were heading towards a sign that he had his back to. I was frantically waving at him to move but he just waved back and time stood still for a few seconds before he ducked back inside of his own accord. I’ve never fucked about with train windows since.

So give me one valid reason why train windows need to be able to be opened far enough for some fuckwit to commit hari kari ?
Because people like the window open mate. Trains are notoriously overcrowded, sweaty, miserable and in summer ridiculously hot because the air con is shite to non existant.

Why do we have windows in cars? They travel really fast and are bigger than train windows.

Why do we have windows in our house? you could jump out the window on the second floor and kill yourself.

Why do we have windows on anything for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back