Annual Sky subscription dance.

When I rang to renew my deal last time I think it was 87 quid a month...that was ultrafast BB, tv plus Netflix, sky sports and one multi room. I took my eye off the ball lately admittedly and realised for the last couple of months I've been paying 132 quid! And it was gonna go up to 154 next month! When I looked as well it was like 9 quid just for HD, then a further 4 quid for ultra HD I don't even use ultra HD ffs. What a con man. Bastards.
....imagine paying over a hundred sheets to watch a bit of TV & then having to pay even more to watch a clear picture 😳🤦

Yeh they are fuckers, they just add random shit on and you think I didn’t even ask for that once that deal ticks down

When I did mine last month I checked and realised they were charging £4 a month for the privilege of watching in UHD !
Told them to remove that , drop to the basic Netflix package (that has adverts) , remove the movies and I’ve ditched their broadband as well.
Ended up getting the full package (without movies) for £59 a month , which also included the years CPI increase & moved to Virgin for my broadband for £27 a month (which is being installed today)
That’s £86 a month I’ll be paying compared to £134 a month that Sky were going to charge me!

When I did mine last month I checked and realised they were charging £4 a month for the privilege of watching in UHD !
Told them to remove that , drop to the basic Netflix package (that has adverts) , remove the movies and I’ve ditched their broadband as well.
Ended up getting the full package (without movies) for £59 a month , which also included the years CPI increase & moved to Virgin for my broadband for £27 a month (which is being installed today)
That’s £86 a month I’ll be paying compared to £134 a month that Sky were going to charge me!
I renewed with BT and my cost went down from £106 to £88 with sports bundle.

Try now tv (sky lite) currently pay £10 (3 special offers/discounts) a month for entertainment package and movies plus hd/surround sound option.
Always had offers on especially when you go to cancel it plus it's all app based so no need to ring up.

Mine had gone North of £100 a month without BB and without me realising. So I cancelled, they rang me pretty much every day. In the end I got them down to £53 per month with sport and UHD plus standard Netflix. I've got BT for fibre and TNT Sports for around £47 so all in it's £100 a month which I can live with.

....imagine paying over a hundred sheets to watch a bit of TV & then having to pay even more to watch a clear picture 😳🤦
Couldn't believe it man....13 quid a month on HD and uhd. Crackers
Ditched the lot
Going with virgin for broadband then which includes 75 quid bill credit.

Last edited:
Crazy ain’t it, really needs some regulation with these media companies, where you can just log on and change your package when your contract ends and it’s a flat rate for all.
None of this phoning, haggling, then saying fuck it cancel and wait for retention teams etc.
They’re more than happy to have portals so you can log on and add services, but god forbid they have to provide something where people can clearly see prices and tailor their offer

Mines going up to 50 quid a month. It's the basic package plus multiroom. I've tried always to get it a bit cheaper, but never succeeded.

I have a firestick, but I was thinking of freesat to use as main box as Sky will be wanting their gear back if I cancel.

Has anyone used freesat before? And is it actually worth getting? I have no tv aerial for the freeview stuff.
Make sure whichever Freesat box you get will work with your sky lnb.

Try now tv (sky lite) currently pay £10 (3 special offers/discounts) a month for entertainment package and movies plus hd/surround sound option.
Always had offers on especially when you go to cancel it plus it's all app based so no need to ring up.

Now TV is canny, but I think the most appealing thing for people with Sky is the recording function.

I'm swaying with just staying with sky as I like the set up etc. 50 Quid is still steep though.
Sky have a really basic package that allows you to keep the main sky q box to use as a recorder for free to air channels. I think it’s about £5-10 a month. I’ve got a similar deal with virgin for £5 a month that allows us to record free to air and skip adverts.
We cancelled sky completely about 8 months ago . I got a really good deal with virgin broadband so moved to them for that . We started out just subscribing to apps when we got offers for them or when we’d got a few different things to watch on one particular platform. The thing we missed most was a tv guide for free to air and also we found that after years of skipping adverts we’d forgotten just how bloody annoying they are . The virgin recorder box solves both things ( as will sky basic or a free sat box)
You get quite a few deals with different apps as well , we’ve just had 3 months of Apple TV free .

Back