Andy Burnham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was brilliant on the northern leaders press conference just there. Pity sky news cut it off while he and his colleagues were giving the government a right kicking

I think the most recent figures show a decrease in homelessness in Manchester tbf mate. Certainly those that I've seen. This at a time when central government have slashed funding to support homeless support organisations. So I'd say a pretty impressive effort from him there.

Re. The cycle scheme andy Burham has allocated a £160 million grant to it. So is clearly very heavily involved in it.

Think its clear you have a bias against the bloke (probably due to his labour roots).

We could also mention bringing justice to the Hillsborough families. I know you'd argue otherwise, but quite simply they wouldnt have had the limited justice they currently do if it wasn't for his actions.

I suspect its pointless arguing this with with you though.

Aye you're right there mate. Not sure why i bothered. There is clear bias against the bloke and he wouldn't entertain changing that view no matter what you said.

Last winters numbers were the worst ever (I don't think it's fair to look at post Covid).. And remember this was the hill he chose to die on, he stated he would have eradicated homelessness by now, not increase it.

The £160m grant was from central government. I will give him credit for bringing Chris Boardman onboard, he seems to have given it a bit of impetus.

I don't know about his involvement in Hillsborough, I'm on about his performance as Mayor of Manchester. The city where I live.

I suspect its pointless arguing this with with you though. It's clear you have bias towards him, not sure why I'm bothering replying. Clear bias and you wouldn't entertain changing that view no matter what I said.

Last winters numbers were the worst ever (I don't think it's fair to look at post Covid).. And remember this was the hill he chose to die on, he stated he would have eradicated homelessness by now, not increase it.

The £160m grant was from central government. I will give him credit for bringing Chris Boardman onboard, he seems to have given it a bit of impetus.

I don't know about his involvement in Hillsborough, I'm on about his performance as Mayor of Manchester. The city where I live.

I suspect its pointless arguing this with with you though. It's clear you have bias towards him, not sure why I'm bothering replying. Clear bias and you wouldn't entertain changing that view no matter what I said.

So last winter which saw the worst figures ever actually saw the first drop in homelessness in 8 years?

I won't lie, I like the bloke. Seems a decent fella who wants to do the right thing. Thought you were being unduly harsh but, of course, you're entitled to that view.

I thought he'd go on to lead the Labour party way back. Speaks a lot of sense, he's logical, articulate and passionate. A proper leader and someone I'd trust to run the country in the current situation.

He's a great speaker who can debate without the need of autocue.
Labour still have not got a leader who could wipe the smile from Boris sadly.
At a time when the Tories are ignoring public opinion, refusing to appear before certain press companies, or justify the decisions, labour should be miles ahead, they are not.
Starmer is weak as piss at debating head to head, he's not the answer to shut up Boris and his looney gang.
Miliband showed how it's done.

He's a great speaker who can debate without the need of autocue.
Labour still have not got a leader who could wipe the smile from Boris sadly.
At a time when the Tories are ignoring public opinion, refusing to appear before certain press companies, or justify the decisions, labour should be miles ahead, they are not.
Starmer is weak as piss at debating head to head, he's not the answer to shut up Boris and his looney gang.
Miliband showed how it's done.
He's made up massive ground in a short space of time. Many are entrenched in their support of the two main parties.

Id argue starmer has pulled Johnson to shreds face to face. Sticks to facts. Johnson has floundered many a time.

I was surveying in Leigh a couple of years back ( an undertakers premises !)

This chap came over and started chatting - it was Andy Burnham.

I had a right good chat with him on many topics and he came across as a genuinely top bloke.

I think he’s a part to play in high office one day that lad.

We are being punished here in Manchester because he stood up to the Govt. Liverpool rates now higher and rising but because they cowed to demands stay in T2. Many pubs there flout the ‘substantial’ meals rule to get people in to drink. They provide a menu to sit with !!

So treat everyone the same then if you aren’t going to change Tiers when things improve !! People in all tiers break rules so why differentiate ??

It's not whack a mole.

6 months and we're all in tier 1.

People shouldn't die because you want to go for a pint and have a pet lip that people in Liverpool can. Fact is Liverpool will be bounced to T3 by the New Year.

Fuck all to do with me going for a pint wise guy ! Why have different tiers then if improvements mean fuck all ??

It’s based on so much more than a simple ‘oh we’ve dropped below a new case figure’.

Consider the age of the people who are getting it, how full are the hospitals, how long have you been below a figure.

f***ing hell man, you’re in the middle of a once in a lifetime or even two lifetime global health pandemic where 1.5m people have died so far - and you think that it’s a simple process for loosening restrictions.

Get a grip.

And people say politicians use divisive language.

Nobody is being punished.

600+ people a day are dying because people just cannot stop breaking the rules everywhere..

Man up a bit will you.
People are not simply dying because people are breaking the rules everywhere. Saying that might make you feel good to blame everyone. I'd love you to give an appraisal of why The Black Death wiped out a third of Europe. Probably reckon it was because of mediaeval peasants not following the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back