Anderson finished?

127/8 for the series.

Average of 15.9.

By contrast Ashwin's average was 15.0, just to show how good that is on a surface that wasn't suited to him.

Some of his critics on Indian, Pakpassion and Aussie forums still think he's primarily a home bowler calling him Jimmy Clouderson and his stats and wicket hauls are inflated because of it, time we should be putting those claims to bed.

127/8 for the series.

Average of 15.9.

By contrast Ashwin's average was 15.0, just to show how good that is on a surface that wasn't suited to him.

Some of his critics on Indian, Pakpassion and Aussie forums still think he's primarily a home bowler calling him Jimmy Clouderson and his stats and wicket hauls are inflated because of it, time we should be putting those claims to bed.
Post those figures up and see how they try and disregard those

6 wickets away from 1,000 in 1st class.
Cork was the last to do it and many speculated he would be the last

Herath did it recently or are we talking England only?

I fancy one of these young spinners like Virdi, Parkinson or Bess will come close. Bess already has 150 first class wickets.

Broad will go when he’s sick of tests and he’s hinted that he’s been close recently. He’s not the badger Anderson is.

I think you are bang on with that - I don't see him playing for the same length of time as Anderson (lets be honest fast bowlers who play at the top level for that length of time are not exactly common). I saw Broad recently as a pundit on some the cricket on Sky and he came across very well, far better than I thought he would. I can see him going into the media and doing it very well.

Herath did it recently or are we talking England only?

I fancy one of these young spinners like Virdi, Parkinson or Bess will come close. Bess already has 150 first class wickets.
No you are correct, must have been for the last seamer to do it.

Back