Anderson finished?

Ok wise one...so who out of those coming through is better? Cos ive seen no one..oh yes Overton who is not good enough...oh yes Wood who has a injury record worse than a 50 year old
Wtf has that got to do with owt?
The boy is talented no doubt, he's got true pace in his locker. My problem is he comes over half arsed on occasions. It's like it's a job to him and nothing more, he's looking at his watch for clocking off time. Just my view mate

Best swing bowler in the world who has now developed a McGrath-like metronomic accuracy on unhelpful wickets in unfavourable conditions.

Just sets even more sand-coated alarm bells ringing when you remember he couldn't get it to swing at all the last time England toured Australia yet the home team were swinging it around corners.

The thing that gets missed by the wider world media, in Oz n India mainly, is that his first period as a test cricketer really impacted his average

If you look at someone like Cummins, an all time time great in the making, but he wont take more than 450 ,or is unlikely too, just purely because of the physicality. So say he will end up like 400 in early 20s or someit

Anderson has his last 450 at 23s

His longevity almost costs him.

Not sure I explained that well!
At the age of 38 Jimmy has discovered how to consistently reverse swing the ball at sub 85mph in the subcontinent. That is absolute genius.

He's just built for bowling like, his body is in total rhythm for his action, its so so repetitive, and it allows him to bowl that pace consistently, I honestly cant see him ending anytime soon, that argument almost needs putting to bed for a while.

He missed pretty much a year of test cricket recently like, he could easy be 650 wickets and already breathing down Warne's next

I am starting to think he will overtake him now

Last edited:
The thing that gets missed by the wider world media, in Oz n India mainly, is that his first period as a test cricketer really impacted his average

If you look at someone like Cummins, an all time time great in the making, but he wont take more than 450 ,or is unlikely too, just purely because of the physicality. So say he will end up like 400 in early 20s or someit

Anderson has his last 450 at 23s

His longevity almost costs him.

Not sure I explained that well!

He's just built for bowling like, his body is in total rhythm for his action, its so so repetitive, and it allows him to bowl that pace consistently, I honestly cant see him ending anytime soon, that argument almost needs putting to bed for a while.

He missed pretty much a year of test cricket recently like, he could easy be 650 wickets and already breathing down Warne's next

I am starting to think he will overtake him now

He needs another 97 or thereabouts wickets to catch Warne, which - at six tests a year and c.4 wickets a test - would take him four years. Can't see it TBH, but would be delighted if it happened.

To maintain that level of fitness for so long, and be playing your best cricket at 38, is an absolutely phenomenal achievement. If McGrath or Steyn had played as many tests as Jimmy, no way would they have the averages they do.

Decision to rotate him with Broad was a masterstroke IMO.

He was in the 2005 squads like, was in the changing room for all those classics.

Was going through a modelling reaction at the time, illfated, so often saw him bowling to the coach during the intervals.

Aye its madness like

Aye those stats are mad, the average gets lower the older he gets too

Thats the thing, some in Australia dismiss him for his career average, which is still good, but his over 30s record is one of the best of all time

Last edited:
Wtf has that got to do with owt?
The boy is talented no doubt, he's got true pace in his locker. My problem is he comes over half arsed on occasions. It's like it's a job to him and nothing more, he's looking at his watch for clocking off time. Just my view mate
So it’s like a job to him is it...I’m sure he would disagree? Regardless of how you backtrack on that ridiculous comment it’s shocking comment for a fella top of the pile. Also at what point in recent years has he had ‘true pace‘ in his locker? Skill yes, but pace no. True pace in my opinion is 90mph plus...he has been now where near that pace for years. Baffling post given it’s about outcomes and attitude, not body language.

So it’s like a job to him is it...I’m sure he would disagree? Regardless of how you backtrack on that ridiculous comment it’s shocking comment for a fella top of the pile. Also at what point in recent years has he had ‘true pace‘ in his locker? Skill yes, but pace no. True pace in my opinion is 90mph plus...he has been now where near that pace for years. Baffling post given it’s about outcomes and attitude, not body language.
😂Read my posts again ya whopper.
I was referring to Archer, not Jimmy.

Back