Anderson finished?

I reckon there’ll be a gentleman’s agreement in place where Jimmy plays alternate tests (ridiculously) and can therefore fly home to his family at the end of the 3rd.
Reckon he could retire after the Ashes?

ps

have you got the cricketer magazine? Just started mine and Dobell is on the money re Root as usual and the return of Vic Marks to the magazine

Last edited:
Nah, even if it’s tough I think he’ll fancy himself in the summer of 22. He’ll still be class 15 months from now.

Broad is the one who seems a strop away from quitting, I think he might go first despite being younger.
He will have to bowl when in Aussie to carry on it's a series which leads to retirements whether on the players terms or they get pushed.

Jimmy needs 8 to overtake Kumble and move to 3rd on the all time list

He also needs 14 to move to 1,000 first class wickets. Of “modern” quicks only Marshall and Walsh make it anywhere near the top of that list, the latter with 1,807 :eek:
Remember Cork being the last one to get to 1,000, at the time it seemed quite likely he would be the last.
Reckon he could retire after the Ashes?

ps

have you got the cricketer magazine? Just started mine and Dobell is on the money re Root as usual and the return of Vic Marks to the magazine
At worst, i reckon he'd get a farewell test either at Lords or Old Trafford if the Ashes goes spectacularly bad
Nah, even if it’s tough I think he’ll fancy himself in the summer of 22. He’ll still be class 15 months from now.

Broad is the one who seems a strop away from quitting, I think he might go first despite being younger.
Think Broad wont play another test abroad after the Ashes, cant see him going past 36

Last edited:
If it was up to Anderson and Broad, I think they genuinely think they can go on for 3 more years. I’m sure you have seen in your own clubs, bowlers holding off retirement because they love the rapport and competition, even between team mates. International cricketers are no different in that respect. A & B will be around for a few more years.

Back