Anderson finished?

One more crack at Australia, down under, then a career in the commentary booth awaits.

an all time great of the game. One thing that I found strange with Jimmy, that he did not play in 2005. Hoggard preferred, I can’t remember off hand what his stats were like in 2005

Last edited:
Didn’t Darren Gough retire overnight after a match at Lords?

jimmy was unlucky in this last test, iirc he had a few dropped.

he doesn’t deserve to go out in an empty stadium. I think he should hold any thoughts on this until next summer
Wouldn't call us bang average with root stokes pope broad archer Anderson woakes
Bess, buttler missed numerous chances of him this match. And he was superb in getting england over the line

6 wickets in 6 innings isn't average. Broad has 22 wickets this summer, outstanding. Woakes 15, Stokes 11, Archer 8.

Stokes would be average, Archer a bit disappointing for me.

Stokes would be average with 11 wickets? If that was the only measure, maybe, but he's taken his 11 wickets at 14.4 apiece

The other seamers are as follows:
Broad 22 at 12.1
Woakes 15 at 16.1
Archer 8 at 36.2
Anderson 6 at 41.2

That's a massive gulf- 3 with outstanding records this summer so far and 2 with very disappointing records.

Jimmy has had a bit of bad luck but I also think he doesn't seem quite the same- maybe his recent injuries are beginning to catch up with him but I wouldn't be surprised if he was left out of the next test- one of the bowlers will be as Stokes will presumably be fit to bowl. Archer doesn't look all that threatening and I'd leave him out too. I also think Bess is only playing as he's perceived to be a decent bat as he rarely looks really threatening and is prone to slipping an odd legside short ball into the mix- if Curran comes in for Archer and Crawley for Anderson, then it gives them no excuse not to replace Bess with Leach, who simply looks a better bowler.

Worth noting that while 2019 was the best year of jimmys career, that was all prior to this very drawn out calf injury. Hasn’t looked the same player since that, wonder if it’s still hampering him as he doesn’t look happy bowling at all. Guess he’s the only one that knows that, would be very sad for it to end that way
4th of out 9 is canny average.

Technically above average 😂

Doesn't make it wrong, either.

Fair point. I think that Jimmy will know when to go. I am happy with him and Archer has to step up thought he was not anything special this time. Fantastic ability.

I always think Vaughan is looking to pee into the tent rather than the other way.

Last edited:
What’s Anderson record in game at the rose bowl?

also I can’t remember now but why was he not involved in 2005?

Back