Anderson finished?

What’s Anderson record in game at the rose bowl?

also I can’t remember now but why was he not involved in 2005?
Didn't he burst onto the scene then England tried to change his action to reduce the risk of injury which lead to him being injured and a couple of years trying to work his game out again? So not sure if it was injury or form that kept him out but I don't remember there being any outcry about him not being included.

Didn't he burst onto the scene then England tried to change his action to reduce the risk of injury which lead to him being injured and a couple of years trying to work his game out again? So not sure if it was injury or form that kept him out but I don't remember there being any outcry about him not being included.

Yeah wiki backs this up saying he'd had a a fairly poor previous year think during 2005 he had a near enough full county cricket season opening the bowling too.

Ridiculous headline, when are some people going to get their head around you can't play the same attack in every game when there are 6 games in 7 weeks? There's a hell of a difference between dropped and rested.

1 wicket out of 20 for nearly a hundred runs at a relatively poor economy rate.

Broad 6 wickets, Archer and Woakes 4 a piece. Stokes 2 in one innings only.

He's not as affective away from home and poor in Blighty this summer. Time up Jim I'm afraid.
I’m afraid I agree, he was still clocking 82 mph but there was just some zip missing in his bowling. He was shown up a little by the others and when you look at it he was out injured on SA and hasn’t been the same since. Aussie pitches just don’t suit him either so failure there would mean nothing from him for two years and that would mean a sad end for a phenomenal bowler.

Jimmy Anderson is an absolutely exceptional cricketer. I also think that whenever you look at his stats you should ignore his first 25 tests or so. He averaged close to 40 and had people trying to piss about with his action. Since the WI tour around 2009 his record has been absolutely exceptional and has bowled very cleverly on flat pitches all over the world as well as the more seamer friendly pitches on offer. Whenever a cricketer gets to a certain age and has a bad game there is always someone who jumps in with 'hes finished' - true enough he wont be around for ever but he deserves to be part of the set up for a good while yet.

Back