And 75% of you wanted Ross out.

It's evident that the op would rather be right than Sunderland doing well. No other reason for starting a thread like this. Anyone who saw the grisly afternoon at Lincoln have no doubt that Ross leaving was the right thing to do. As far as Parkinson is concerned, everyone got what nobody wanted.

Me and a few others did say it’s not as clear cut as changing the gaffer and got pelted on here for dareing to suggest so.
I must have been in the 25% .... It’s the players & owners budget that needs to be addressed firing a manager is to mask the owners poor budget to bring in quality

Last year we lost 5 games in the league, 8 in total - including cups and the play off.
Parky has already lost 5 games.
Lets hope he figures it out and fast.

I have just got back from that debacle. Parkinson has turned a fairly well organised side that were not playing well into a disorganised rabble that can't play a three yard pass.

If people wnated Ross out I cannot believe they are not on his back already as its been utterly pathetic thus far. What the fuck is our game plan? Do we even have one?
In the last week alone, I have seen us humiliated at home by Leicester's U21's, fail to see off a terrible Gillingham side at home (who by the way did not look that bothered by the game), and stuffed by bottom half league Two Scunthorpe who also did not seem that bothered (they didn't need to be though).

I am worried and I am normally what most would class on here as a 'happy clapper'.

Parkinson seems to be implementing phase III of making us fully 'lower league compatible'. Phase I was getting rid of the big earners from the Prem days and cutting our cloth which had to be done. Phase II was selling off all the academy kids for coppers and reducing the club staff to a skeleton and farming out the ticket office operations (i.e. a massive 'downsize' which maybe did not have to be done). This was the 'think small, become small' phase. Phase III appears to be bringing in a clueless coach who plays aimless hoofball with no plan B. I honestly could not even work out what formation we were suppossed to be playing tonight. It just seemed to change every few minutes with players running here there and everywhere after the next stray pass. Some of the attempts at passes were woefull and we must have given the ball away hundreds of times. I mean how hard can it be? Get the ball, look up and pass to someone wearing a red and white striped shirt? When I say pass I mean put your foot through it so it does not trickle along the turf and get intercepted by the opponent, or whack it at full pelt so it sails out of play. Something in between would be good........

Last edited:
Me and a few others did say it’s not as clear cut as changing the gaffer and got pelted on here for dareing to suggest so.
This absolute rubbish started with Ross. Its 100% his team. We need to get promotion and it was clear as day that we weren't getting it under Ross. He completely ballsed it up last year and was doing worse this year. Nobody said it was clear cut as changing gaffer, no one, you are making that up. Are you saying we would have gone up with Ross?

It's evident that the op would rather be right than Sunderland doing well. No other reason for starting a thread like this. Anyone who saw the grisly afternoon at Lincoln have no doubt that Ross leaving was the right thing to do. As far as Parkinson is concerned, everyone got what nobody wanted.

I was at the Lincoln game and spent most of it arguing against people shouting 'Ross Out' AND challenging them as to who they wanted to replace him. This was at the height of the 'takeover' rumours and many fans seemed to think that within weeks we would have billions to spend. They were wrong.

Don't try to pretend 'everyone' wanted him out as we did not. Lincoln was a terrible preformance but in just a few weeks, we have managed to put in another 4 just as bad. Maybe it wasn't the manager after all?

As I said, I was at Lincoln and Peterborough and I still think sacking Ross was the wrong thing to do, so please don't try and speak for me.

PS - 'EVERYONE GOT WHAT NOBODY WANTED'? You wanted Ross out, you got that. I personaly asked people at Lincoln who they wanted 'IN' and got no sensible replies. I did NOT want Ross out. If you shout loud enough sometimes you get action. That does not mean you get what you want as has been proven here. Don't blame that on others and take some bloody responsibility. YOU wanted him out....We all suffer as a result....

Last edited:
I was involved in the PF/Parsnip polls marra 75% is a fair estimate.

People blaming Parkinson need to look at what goes out on the pitch. Serious attitude problems with some in our squad who think they’re ‘too good’ for where we are. Fingers need to be pulled out of arses and people need to start fighting for this shirt again.

People blaming Parkinson need to look at what goes out on the pitch. Serious attitude problems with some in our squad who think they’re ‘too good’ for where we are. Fingers need to be pulled out of arses and people need to start fighting for this shirt again.
That's right he isn't in control of the players and they are players I sort of feel sorry for them for the shit they have to put up with.

Absolutely , it was a massive mistake to sack Ross.
The massive mistake was in not sacking Ross sooner. He should've went after the Charlton game and new manager given a full pre season and transfer window to try and improve things. But like most decisions made by these chancers, it was done on a whim with no long term planning whatsoever.

He just needs more time and a transfer window but more time is no1 priority.

Ross was sacked at the wrong time, he should’ve gone immediately after the play off final defeat. But as he wasn’t, Ross should’ve been given longer purely down to the fact any manager brought in outside of a transfer window is going to have limited chances to turn it around with the previous managers players. I’m not saying a total overhaul is possible during one window, but bringing one or two in that the new manager knows would help.

Ross’s football was negative and boring at times, but at least we were picking up points. Parkinson is trying to play a better style of football but the players just don’t have that little bit of quality to finish. We need something to click quickly up top, or we need to pay whatever we need to pay to bring a finisher in during next window.

I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about cup runs, and we’re not in a bad position in the league, game in hand we can get to 4th. We can do without any fixture build ups and now concentrate on getting the fuck out of this league. Coventry and burton at home within a few days could see this turn around, my worry now is that all the screaming fannies are now set away and will get straight onto the teams back from the first mistake.

Back