An insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunno marra. Only non-Safc fans want Donald and Methven to retain influence over safc. And their incompetence and litany of lies makes people suspicious. However, to my mind there’s just no way on earth that they’ve cooked up the structure that’s being out in place. They couldn’t imagine it and even if they could, they wouldn’t finance it.

Simple logic mate. Even if all the jigsaw pieces are in places, there's enough that you can start to work out what the whole picture is.

At some stage we were always going to appoint a lesser profile manager than most fans(on the forums anyway) would have liked.. Cut the lad some slack and lets wait and see what position were in until next summer. I don't want to be in the same position this time next season and ultimately neither will the new owners but things have changed around... My hope now is these chancers are shown the door out of the club as soon as possible and let Dreyfus & Sartori shape the new structure

After Grayson, Ross and Parkinson recently it was inevitable we would get a manager that was underwhelming and low profile

Donald appointed Rodwell, Rodwell is still there so there’s no way SD hasn’t get any input.

New lot appointed Speakman, Speakman responsible for appointing coach and overseeing football matters.

We’ve all watched SD over past few years, do you really think he’s capable or willing to put structures in place and invest in them?

The ownership group (unless we’re told otherwise )is SD, CM and Sartori, primarily SD. Of course he’ll have an input.

SD has no interest beyond a future pay day. You really think SD is the brains behind this? He not remotely capable of that, let alone delegating anything to anyone.

Oh, and you missed out KLD, who is the real brains behind this, and liked the Instagram post of the appointment of Speakman almost immediately.

Last edited:
After Grayson, Ross and Parkinson recently it was inevitable we would get a manager that was underwhelming and low profile

Instead of an overwhelming high profile one...in THIS league?!
Pound shop manager

In a Pound shop league. Perfect.

Why get in someone like Nigel Pearson when someone half of his calibre could supposedly get a team winning in League One?

Last edited:
SD has no interest beyond a future pay day. You really think SD is the brains behind this? He not remotely capable of that, let alone delegating anything to anyone.

Oh, and you missed out KLD, who is the real brains behind this, and liked the Instagram post of the appointment of Speakman almost immediately.
Until something officially is announced regarding KLD then we can believe it. The take over has taken that long my confidence in it has eroded.
Liking an Instagram post is not really concrete evidence. I once liked a photo of Kylie Minogue but I’m not having Christmas dinner with her.

A new appointment and a whole host of new clappers. Honestly hope this thread is bumped to embarrass the hell out of me come April time. Unfortunately I doubt it. I predict he’ll be sacked this time next year. Diabolical appointment . Worse than philasaurus.
Definitely not worse than the dinosaur mate. Let's just see how it goes.

At least the club is putting a bit of structure in place which places an emphasis on youth development which is a huge change from Donald's first two years.

SD didn’t make the appointment, Kristjaan Speakman did. SD didn’t make that appointment either
As soon he was appointed I knew Johnson would be our new Head Coach. I think people are going over the top with their criticism. I'm not exactly happy myself but LJ is a good coach who plays good football. He did well at Oldham and Barnsley before going to Bristol City. He seemed to have done a decent job down there.

Reactions: Gaz
A disgusting small-minded cheap appointment from football no nothings that further insult the fans and history of this club.
In keeping with EVERY decision Donald and co have made since arriving they have replaced poor with worse.

Fully expect to be back at square one this time next year.

This only serves to prove that the FAKEOVER is nothing other than that.

Imagine being a Billionaire and presiding over the appointment of Lee Johnson ffs.

NOT A PENNY MORE.

You're saying getting in a manager who was managing in the Championship to come and manage a League One club is an insult?

Honestly marra you need to get real. Honestly there's still clowns out there expecting us to go out and bring in a top Premier League manager.

We're a 3rd tier club and have been for a while now. He's not an exciting appointment by any stretch, we are never going to get one of those in our position so let's just stop picking him apart and see what he can do.

As soon he was appointed I knew Johnson would be our new Head Coach. I think people are going over the top with their criticism. I'm not exactly happy myself but LJ is a good coach who plays good football. He did well at Oldham and Barnsley before going to Bristol City. He seemed to have done a decent job down there.

A lot seem to have decided he’ll be like Parky. Wouldn’t have been my choice, but we have to give Speakman and him a chance

Did this place go into a similar meltdown when we appointed an untested Roy Keane or is it because of the 10 years being a PL club, so everyone’s choices are never good enough?

We could do A LOT worse than Johnson and people are kidding themselves if they think Pearson (a Premier League manager not 6 months ago) among other big names would have entertained the thought of managing in League 1.

Some of the people that get on here need to have a word with themselves, they weren’t happy when it was going to be Gus and now they’re not happy that we’re having a chance at a young gaffer.

Fair enough be difficult and impossible to please but don’t start spouting the same old shite of “he’s worse than Parky” because honestly how can he be, he at the very least looks proactive and has even been pictured with a smile on his face hah

A disgusting small-minded cheap appointment from football no nothings that further insult the fans and history of this club.
In keeping with EVERY decision Donald and co have made since arriving they have replaced poor with worse.

Fully expect to be back at square one this time next year.

This only serves to prove that the FAKEOVER is nothing other than that.

Imagine being a Billionaire and presiding over the appointment of Lee Johnson ffs.

NOT A PENNY MORE.
Again..... just because the club appointed someone you didn’t want???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back