Amsterdam style coffee shops in the UK

Worth a try, just don’t deck it out like Josephs or the borough

Put a bouncer on for the first few weeks, decent comfy decor, decent tunes maybe only play exclusively Eno or boards of Canada, a decent selection of weed and edibles, decent barista, and a good selection of soft drinks and small meals/desserts/sweeties 😁
Nice ! We could revive Milburns.

I’ll have a Space Cake 👍🏻

Cigarettes and alcohol are more harmful to the body. Cannabis is harmful to mental health.
Booze does far more harm to your mental health than you realise TBf.
If we were talking about stimulants like Coke or ecstasy I'd sort of agree with you
But a brownie or joint isn't gonna make me feel like shite afterwards

Booze does far more harm to your mental health than you realise TBf.
If we were talking about stimulants like Coke or ecstasy I'd sort of agree with you
But a brownie or joint isn't gonna make me feel like shite afterwards

Don't think pure uncut Mdma (ecstasy) is dangerous in moderation. Obviously you can overdose (like most drugs) and if you take it every week you're going to fry your serotonin receptors. However studies have shown if someone takes it max every three months then it doesn't have any negative effects. Coke is a dangerous drug though and way up the list when it comes to harm and addiction. Can't see that ever being legalised.

Last edited:
Don't think pure uncut Mdma (ecstasy) is dangerous in moderation. Obviously you can overdose (like most drugs) and if you take it every week you're going to fry your serotonin receptors. However studies have shown if someone takes it max every three months then it doesn't have any negative effects. Coke is a dangerous drug though and way up the list when it comes to harm and addiction. Can't see that ever being legalised.
Yeah I agree with this really I was on about regular mdma use.

Lots of things are fine in moderation - a glass of wine on a Friday night, a pint or two at the footy, a joint, a small bet to make a matchday more interesting.

Problem is they all too often don’t stay in moderation and you need more and more to feel the way you want to feel.

I know a lad who starts the day with a bit of dope in his pipe. He then repeats this throughout the day. Pipe only as he does not like tobacco.

He is an utter waste of space and a drain on society. Enabling more people to legally get into weed would in my view exacerbate this problem.

For me it's a no brainer when you look at how much tax countries like Canada, Thailand and most US states have made from legalising it. Quite a lot of countries worldwide now have legalised it or looking to do so. How you can promote alcohol as much as we do as a country, but have weed illegal, baffles me. It's no comparison how much worse alcohol and tobacco are than weed but both are available from any convenience store/supermarket.

For me it's a no brainer when you look at how much tax countries like Canada, Thailand and most US states have made from legalising it. Quite a lot of countries worldwide now have legalised it or looking to do so. How you can promote alcohol as much as we do as a country, but have weed illegal, baffles me. It's no comparison how much worse alcohol and tobacco are than weed but both are available from any convenience store/supermarket.
Up until about 2021 I believe the UK was the biggest exporter of medicinal cannabis making up about 40% of the words supply. Canada has only recently overtook us on that.

The companies allowed to do this have Tory influence, I believe Theresa Mays husband is/was heavily involved and no doubt cabinet members will be still pocketing somewhere down the line. That’ll be the biggest reluctance, opening up the market in this country means less money for the Tories and their outside interests.

Up until about 2021 I believe the UK was the biggest exporter of medicinal cannabis making up about 40% of the words supply. Canada has only recently overtook us on that.

The companies allowed to do this have Tory influence, I believe Theresa Mays husband is/was heavily involved and no doubt cabinet members will be still pocketing somewhere down the line. That’ll be the biggest reluctance, opening up the market in this country means less money for the Tories and their outside interests.

Maybe something will change in the next few years if the Tories fuck off then

If true, this would make my son happy. I think the big brewers would make sure it doesn't happen though in the UK, unless of course they could monopolise the market :rolleyes:

Back