Amsterdam style coffee shops in the UK

Grimes

Winger
Do you reckon we will ever get them? If so when?

Don’t see the issue mesell like, probably cause less hassle than pubs do. Yanks are reaping the rewards at the moment and Germany will be soon enough too.

Don't smoke myself but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it. Retail is on its arse so City Centres need to find new ways to attract people as pubs and restaurants alone aren't enough.
That’s a good shout about retail and the high street. Obviously it’ll be taxed too. From what I’ve read a few Tory MPs have a bit of a monopoly going on weed exported from the UK and are hesitant to open that market up to smaller companies. Pure greed from them as per.
When we legalise hash
They could get the ball rolling this year if they wanted

Last edited:
My wife recently went to New York with my daughters and they all said it absolutely stinks every where you go now. I'd prefer our Cities etc not to permanently smell like this.

My wife recently went to New York with my daughters and they all said it absolutely stinks every where you go now. I'd prefer our Cities etc not to permanently smell like this.
Surely better than smelling like shite and piss though? Which a lot of city centres do

The smell doesn’t travel that much, in Amsterdam once you’re a street or so away from one you don’t smell it so the shops could quite easily be housed in a certain area. I’d also imagine in New York they will be smoking it in public which is why it’ll smell a lot more prevalent, I’m talking just keep it to the coffee shops.

Surely better than smelling like shite and piss though? Which a lot of city centres do

The smell doesn’t travel that much, in Amsterdam once you’re a street or so away from one you don’t smell it so the shops could quite easily be housed in a certain area. I’d also imagine in New York they will be smoking it in public which is why it’ll smell a lot more prevalent, I’m talking just keep it to the coffee shops.
The smell carries on people for ages. As soon as you walk past someone you can smell it. They must be immune to it as it's worse than BO and you surely don't want to consciously walk around smelling like either of these.

I don't think our City Centre smells of anything bad to be fair. The last consistent smell in our Centre was from Vaux.

I'd love to know what has happened to Cannabis since I was younger as it smells completely different to back then (late 90s).

The smell carries on people for ages. As soon as you walk past someone you can smell it. They must be immune to it as it's worse than BO and you surely don't want to consciously walk around smelling like either of these.

I don't think our City Centre smells of anything bad to be fair. The last consistent smell in our Centre was from Vaux.

I'd love to know what has happened to Cannabis since I was younger as it smells completely different to back then (late 90s).
Ah I get you, I thought you meant coming from the actual shop itself. I don’t think we can use the smell of peoples clothes as a reason for not legalising mind.

Some people reek of tabs, stale beer, cheap aftershave and all sorts. Just the way it works.

Amsterdam is different as it’s full of tourists doing something they usually don’t. Over here they’ll just he heaving with clampets, just like the scruffy pubs are
Isn’t that more reason for doing it? Imagine if Sunderland council took the lead on this tourism would spike

Ah I get you, I thought you meant coming from the actual shop itself. I don’t think we can use the smell of peoples clothes as a reason for not legalising mind.

Some people reek of tabs, stale beer, cheap aftershave and all sorts. Just the way it works.
I understand what you're saying but the smell of this is far more intense than your examples. You can be in a car and smell it from the occupants in the car in front as you follow them. I've never been able to smell alcohol or cigarette smoke in this fashion.

You see it on these Police shows all the time where they pull people over because they can smell the Cannabis.

As I said when they went to New York they could smell it everywhere. It just lingers really badly.

A street or so is far too great an area to be full of the smell of that shite.

Tabs beer and aftershave don’t smell as pungent as weed.

Other things smelling bad wouldn’t be a reason to encourage something else that smells bad either.

Last edited:

Back