America

Love it.

Lived in New York, Chicago and L.A over a period of 9 years.

My partner is American so we visit every year just for the food!!

I could definitely live there again, I would choose Chicago.
Where abouts in LA were you at?

I got saddled with an American bird too, she’s from south east TX

By far the greatest country on Earth.
A truly diverse melting pot of cultures that has give the rest of the world so much.

America offers something to everybody and in return has revolutionised the world.
Travelled to a few places in USA and I find majority of people I have come across as very friendly polite and hospitable. They love the brits and the big-headed thing is very false, I have met loads and drank with loads every year over here when they travel for nfl. Would move to California in a heartbeat

My experience of Americans, either whilst being there or meeting them in Europe is that they’re friendly, articulate, kind and charismatic .
Maybe I’ve just been lucky but that’s how I’ve always found them.

Last edited:
A truly diverse melting pot of cultures that has give the rest of the world so much.

America offers something to everybody and in return has revolutionised the world.

My experience of Americans, either whilst being there or meeting them in Europe is that they’re friendly, articulate, kind and charismatic .
Maybe I’ve just been lucky but that’s how I’ve always found them.
Are they taught in school to be confident in speaking?

Are they taught in school to be confident in speaking?
No. I’d say there’s an openness and friendliness in the culture. Also an underlying idea that you can do anything.

People think it’s fake, and it gets stereotyped a lot, but it’s there and it’s real. You sort of can do anything there. The American dream.

Spending time back in Europe I’ve been struck by the absence of that. Pessimism, settling, whatever.

America is great.

Not THE greatest,but certainly one of them.
No. I’d say there’s an openness and friendliness in the culture. Also an underlying idea that you can do anything.

People think it’s fake, and it gets stereotyped a lot, but it’s there and it’s real. You sort of can do anything there. The American dream.

Spending time back in Europe I’ve been struck by the absence of that. Pessimism, settling, whatever.

America is great.
My son and his fiancé are living there to make the dream a reality 🙂👍🏻

America is great.
Spot on here mate …

People do think it’s fake but it is real, you can literally do anything in the US, if you work hard and get some luck.

Pessimism, settling - is exactly that, the thought process of this is my life there’s nothing I can do about it so accept it.

Here in the US they want you to win. Help you to win.

Spot on here mate …

People do think it’s fake but it is real, you can literally do anything in the US, if you work hard and get some luck.

Pessimism, settling - is exactly that, the thought process of this is my life there’s nothing I can do about it so accept it.

Here in the US they want you to win. Help you to win.

Open arms and open doors since I moved there. I love the place.

Been here over 20 years, New Jersey first then Virginia and now I am in Florida... For the most part day to day life isn't much different from day to day life in Sunderland. Get up, graft, go home.... What I will say is that there is far more opportunity here in the US compared to back in the UK and that despite everything you read online or see in the news this really is an amazing place to live and raise a family. Yeah the politics are f**ked, yeah the healthcare being a for profit industry stinks and yes it can be very expensive, but I have to be honest and say there is nowhere I would want to live more.

Been to NY and Vegas..thought NY was great..plenty to do and see..was in Vegas for 6 nights but i was ready to leave after 3.
Vegas and New York, in my opinion are city breaks. Being in Vegas for fight night is interesting, though.

If you're into nature, hiking, fly into Vegas, hire a car. Valley Of Fire, Death Valley, the Utah NPs a couple of hours away. Incredible scenery.

Flights galore to pretty much anywhere. I usually use Atlanta for sport and for the airport hub it has.

So many areas to choose from, and so much to see in terms of the difference in living. The last visit before the restrictions, was just under a week in Texas (Austin and Houston) and a week in the Arizona area (Tempe, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Monument Valley). Enjoyed both, apart from the traffic into Houston which makes you think you are deceivingly close to the centre.

The other half wants to go to Vegas, but in July she doesn't appreciate how crispy she'd get.

Back