America

mini-x2

Striker
Apart from shit fast food, loud obnoxious dickheads, sports that stop for ad breaks every few minutes and yellow taxis, what's the attraction?

Last edited:

My missus is from the states, we like the countryside where she is from and where we went to school together. Apart from that, little appeal. Nice in small doses, a holiday, but couldn’t live and work there.

No holidays or little paid leave
No healthcare
Potential to get mowed down by machine gun fire whilst getting the weekly shop in
Mother in law
Etc.

Not for me.

My missus is from the states, we like the countryside where she is from and where we went to school together. Apart from that, little appeal. Nice in small doses, a holiday, but couldn’t live and work there.

No healthcare
Potential to get mowed down by machine gun fire whilst getting the weekly shop in
Mother in law
Etc.

Not for me.
I would agree.

No healthcare
Mother in law
Etc.

Not for me.
:lol:

No healthcare
Mother in law
Etc.

Not for me.
No need to travel to USA for this, go to parts of Manchester, Birmingham or London and save time and money

Never really fancied it but do think missed a trick not at least going to New York for few nights , it doesn’t appeal but anyone whose been raves on about it

Apart from shit fast food, loud obnoxious dickheads, sports that stop for ad breaks every few minutes and yellow taxis, what's the attraction?

I think cricket is king of sports where you will see more commercials and literally hours of nothing happening - I still love it mind, well the Test matches that is not County cricket where you might get 12 people and 3 empty crisp packets watching it on some days.

No healthcare
Mother in law
Etc.

Not for me.
I always dreamed of moving to the States when I was younger but aye, don’t think I’d want to now unless I won the euromillions meaning I’d be extremely wealthy. Love visiting, but those things you list are pretty decent reasons I don’t think I could live there. I get the impression there’s a much better work-life balance ethic over here.

If you explore the place properly, I think it would be an incredible place to visit. I've been a few times but only to visit the tourist parts, Disneyland, Theme parks etc. I'd like to hire a car and really travel around and see what it's like but the thought of driving on the right hand side of the road worries me.

I get the impression there’s a much better work-life balance ethic over here.
once you scratch the surface of the common man's life experience, outside the hollywood version... i don't see the appeal.

growing up at school in the 80s there was this obsession with florida family holiday's, there was almost a scathing attitude of poverty if you hadn't been to florida on your holidays... a real life harry enfield sketch of i'm considerably richer than you type thing. i reckon in this century the idea of the american dream has diminished as the curtain has been pulled back (a positive of social media?), to the benefit of the rest of the worlds tourism.

Back