America

I’ve ever been to New York but was leathered for the full week so can’t remember anywhere near enough.
I thoroughly enjoyed mind. Was only a couple of months before the attacks.

I was going to say something similar. I think I've been to about 40 states now (albeit some of them fleetingly) and I've never been bored anywhere. If I ever get my health back it will be the first place I go back to.

Same here. The differemce between, say, Georgia, New Hampshire and Oregon is more than simple geography. Then you go to New Yoprk City and it's an entire world altogether. And for a place full of guns and so many weird people I still fiund Americans the friendliest people anywhere. Still full of optimism despite all the shit that goes on.

It is a country that always look forward, even if the view is a little scary at times.

I have wandered around the states quite a bit over the years, I remember walking down a railway line in LA and meeting some people living in an encampment in some scrub and realising they literally lived on the wrong side of the tracks, I phoned my mate in irvine as I walked away from them and told him, he lives in a million dollar + place on a gated community, his first response upon hearing where I had walked was to ask did I have a weapon with me 😂
Fascinating country, huge chasm between the have and have not, and I really enjoy people watching there.
Logon or register to see this image

Reminds me of driving in to El Paso. Left hand side of the road, big houses all very nice. Look to your right over the border and it’s rough as. Breeze block houses and kids running about with no shoes on.

Last edited:
Lived here in Texas for 10 years, originally from Sunderland and moved here via London.

You couldn’t pay me to live back in the UK.
In Houston right now, come regular for work. Driving to Galveston for the day to see the beach.

I often think if I would like to live here. Few colleagues have moved out and they enjoy it but it seems like a nightmare to move. Also I would miss the Roker Riviera too much.

Mind the Americans love to talk, possibly Texans specifically. Was in Bombshells the other night got chatting to this guy at the bar and he was telling me his whole life story about his wife cheating etc. Was buying me shots of tequilla. Very bizarre

In Houston right now, come regular for work. Driving to Galveston for the day to see the beach.

I often think if I would like to live here. Few colleagues have moved out and they enjoy it but it seems like a nightmare to move. Also I would miss the Roker Riviera too much.

Mind the Americans love to talk, possibly Texans specifically. Was in Bombshells the other night got chatting to this guy at the bar and he was telling me his whole life story about his wife cheating etc. Was buying me shots of tequilla. Very bizarre
That’s the southern hospitality for you out here in Texas. Everyone loves to chat. I freaked me out slightly when I first moved here from London, but I soon got used to it.

Im not a fan of Houston - too industrial and primarily and oil and gas industry city.

I live in Austin - up in Westlake.

Luckily I work for myself so have as much freedom as I want.

Was back in the UK week before last, flew from florida into Manchester and then into Birmingham, weather was miserable as you’d expect it being February.

Took us a little time adjust - my wife is also English so we can here together.

Wouldn’t change a second of it! I absolutely love Texas and USA has provided opportunities for me and my family that isn’t possible in the UK.

That’s the southern hospitality for you out here in Texas. Everyone loves to chat. I freaked me out slightly when I first moved here from London, but I soon got used to it.

Im not a fan of Houston - too industrial and primarily and oil and gas industry city.

I live in Austin - up in Westlake.

Luckily I work for myself so have as much freedom as I want.

Was back in the UK week before last, flew from florida into Manchester and then into Birmingham, weather was miserable as you’d expect it being February.

Took us a little time adjust - my wife is also English so we can here together.

Wouldn’t change a second of it! I absolutely love Texas and USA has provided opportunities for me and my family that isn’t possible in the UK.

I’ve been in Europe since August - UK for a while then in Spain. We’ve been giving it a shot to see if we want to leave the States. I’ve been surprisingly homesick for the US though. Reverse culture shock is no joke! First moved to the states in 08.

Just went under contract for a house in Austin right off Burnet. So guess I might be back in time for that Texas summer 😂 🥵

I’ve been in Europe since August - UK for a while then in Spain. We’ve been giving it a shot to see if we want to leave the States. I’ve been surprisingly homesick for the US though. Reverse culture shock is no joke! First moved to the states in 08.

Just went under contract for a house in Austin right off Burnet. So guess I might be back in time for that Texas summer 😂 🥵
Lovely - ☺️ I’m looking forward to the summer this as our pool and bar, kitchen will be done.

Bring on the brutal summer 😂😂

Get to experience the country of all the sitcoms and films you watch - surely the main attraction. Bit like people who watch American football here, makes them think they're in Friends or whatever.

Been to Boston, Miami, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston and San Francisco.

Houston is the worst place I’ve ever been too, probably go the World Cup there although I’d prefer Mexico or Canada.

Seattle and Kansas are the appealing cities I haven’t been too in the US part…

Back