America, here we go again: Daunte Wright shooting: Protests near Minneapolis after police killing

Not read the full thread so may have already been mentioned. But the cops there calling it and 'accidental discharge' is so wrong. It was a negligent discharge. A fatal negligent discharge and she should be tried for manslaughter.

And I can't understand a cop of 26 years could make that mistake. I suspect its been a rush of bloody to the head than genuinely thinking she drew her taser.

Last edited:

I too have not read all the thread but I understand a warrant was outstanding for his arrest do we know what alleged offence he was wanted for?

I doubt there would be anyone in the USA who would be a patrol cop that went out to the less salubrious parts of the country without a weapon. Good luck with that.
Yet only 15 cops were killed in the USA due to gunfire last year. Zero killed in any form in Minnesota. Wether it’s because they armed I don’t know as ‘shots fired at cops info’ is unavailable which would be useful, I also imagine available but not publicly.

Yet only 15 cops were killed in the USA due to gunfire last year. Zero killed in any form in Minnesota. Wether it’s because they armed I don’t know as ‘shots fired at cops info’ is unavailable which would be useful, I also imagine available but not publicly.
Only 15. That’s okay then.
The narrative seems to be that the cops are racists that go around killing black people. I annoy see how it is that simplistic. It may be and if it is then the US authorities need to look long and hard at training and recruitment. Maybe, policing a society out of control, awash with guns and confronting a public that is hostile might be more difficult and stressful than people imagine. I have no idea.
I doubt the 26 year old woman who meant to taste but actually shit someone dead did it on purpose because she disliked blacks.
The narrative seems to be that the cops are racists that go around killing black people. I annoy see how it is that simplistic. It may be and if it is then the US authorities need to look long and hard at training and recruitment. Maybe, policing a society out of control, awash with guns and confronting a public that is hostile might be more difficult and stressful than people imagine. I have no idea.
I doubt the 26 year old woman who meant to taste but actually shit someone dead did it on purpose because she disliked blacks.
Cannot not annoy
Shot not shit
Taser not taste😀

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s the argument at all. It’s the negatives that surround black people leading to cops thinking that a black person is more of a threat than a white person. The same here with stabbings in London or Birmingham being put down to gang violence so it doesn’t register the same as white man stabbing a white girl (which would make national headlines) ive seen it on here especially from London residents palming the problem off saying more or less it’s safe for the normal white folk as it’s black on black gangs doing it all.

In this case it was a grave mistake but I ask myself why were they panicking, not just her, why was there 3 of them? They didn’t think he was dangerous as they had no weapons pulled, he didn’t see them as a threat or he wouldn’t have stopped in the first place let alone tried to run.

but no doubt it will go to court and be sorted.

I don’t think that’s the argument at all. It’s the negatives that surround black people leading to cops thinking that a black person is more of a threat than a white person. The same here with stabbings in London or Birmingham being put down to gang violence so it doesn’t register the same as white man stabbing a white girl (which would make national headlines) ive seen it on here especially from London residents palming the problem off saying more or less it’s safe for the normal white folk as it’s black on black gangs doing it all.

In this case it was a grave mistake but I ask myself why were they panicking, not just her, why was there 3 of them? They didn’t think he was dangerous as they had no weapons pulled, he didn’t see them as a threat or he wouldn’t have stopped in the first place let alone tried to run.

but no doubt it will go to court and be sorted.
There is a definite bias. If you have the time read New Jim Crowe by Michelle Alexander.

As for your critique of their actions. It is an easy job sitting on a computer thousands of miles away. You aren’t patrolling ghettos all night working for an underfunded police department.

There will be definitely a fair few bad apples though.

There is a definite bias. If you have the time read New Jim Crowe by Michelle Alexander.

As for your critique of their actions. It is an easy job sitting on a computer thousands of miles away. You aren’t patrolling ghettos all night working for an underfunded police department.

There will be definitely a fair few bad apples though.
I have done similar though in northern Ireland. I’m glad I was professional enough to understand that not all Irish catholics wanted me dead. None of them liked me and were very hostile at times but I understood not all would or could kill me. I will give that book a go as it happens mate.

I have done similar though in northern Ireland. I’m glad I was professional enough to understand that not all Irish catholics wanted me dead. None of them liked me and were very hostile at times but I understood not all would or could kill me. I will give that book a go as it happens mate.
It’s a polemic but opens up a fresh perspective (for me) on the whole race relations problem in USA.
I assume and hope most US cops are similar to you in their approach.

Daunte Wright shooting: Officer Kim Potter to be charged over killing Daunte Wright shooting: Officer Kim Potter to be charged over killing

24 years service and also a ‘training officer’, unbelievable that she pulled her weapon and not her taser. You can see on the body cam footage she’s holding the weapon out in front of her for a fair while before she discharged it. Tasers are bright yellow, glock’s aren’t. Not suggesting she deliberately meant to shoot him but it’s an insane fuck up from someone so senior

Without doubt, my mates always got this in his truck,never had to use it, but it's always there.
Logon or register to see this image

Glock 17 gen 4. Reliable. Not too sure why he needs 3 full mags like. Who is he expecting to come across?
According to law enforcement expects on this mornings news shows, a taser is on one side of your waist and a gun on the other, so how the fuck did she manage to unholster the wrong weapon
The same thing happened in 2009 and that's why the protocols were changed

Good to see Fox News trying to justify his killing because he had some previous

In situations like that you rely on muscle memory, partly why AFOs in this country dont carry two drop legs. Its a bad situation and will be seen as negligent however, thats why over here taser is on the vest and sidearm in a drop leg as theyve have risk assessed this happening and the possibility. I believe its happened before. Americans dont learn from mistakes and think what if. Their risk assessments are shocking
24 years service and also a ‘training officer’, unbelievable that she pulled her weapon and not her taser. You can see on the body cam footage she’s holding the weapon out in front of her for a fair while before she discharged it. Tasers are bright yellow, glock’s aren’t. Not suggesting she deliberately meant to shoot him but it’s an insane fuck up from someone so senior

When you draw you dont look at the weapon unless you are in an on-ready position and down sights. You dont have time. The yellow helps you see it in peripheral vision. She has panicked here and its been fatal. Mistake but a very costly one.
She is getting charged with 2'nd degree manslaughter.

Not sure of charges in terms of 2nd, 3rd etc over there but needs to be some charge.

It seems a genuine mistake. A very stupid and bad one. She must live with thought that the mistake has ended someones life. Hope she can live with that

Last edited:

Back