America, here we go again: Daunte Wright shooting: Protests near Minneapolis after police killing

Although racism absolutely exists among the US police force, the big problem is that the US is a nation with 400+ million guns lying in circulation with easy access to.

This means so long as the 2nd amendment is in the place, the police have to always be armed themselves and so cant behave as our police or police in Europe can, who often act as a police service as opposed to a police force. The tactics and training they have therefore will always be more vigilant and ready to shoot at will, since every man and his dog is armed in the US, they don't know what's coming, its a very dangerous job.

Of course then when you've got the US police infiltrated with Trump nutters and right wing extremists its a recipe for disaster.

But the US will always have an aggressive police force who shoot at anything due to their gun culture.

Last edited:
It’s funny how it’s pinned on ‘trump’ so early in the thread, the blokes an absolute shit pimp but these things were happening well before him and evidently going to happen long after he’s gone.

I'm not blaming it on Trump or saying it wasn't happening before him, but the US police force as does the Army has a lot of right wingers and Republican voters, disproportionality so.

But I did mention in my post the problem is a gun culture problem in the US and I don't know how it can solved when there are 400 million guns lying about in circulation it means you're always going to have a police force that's equally violent in response itself and situations like this are going to keep happening.

Last edited:
I'm not blaming it on Trump or saying it wasn't happening before him, but the US police force as does the Army has a lot of right wingers and Republican voters, disproportionality so.

But I did mention in my post the problem is a gun culture problem in the US and I don't know how it can solved when there are 400 million guns lying about in circulation it means you're always going to have a police force that's equally violent in response itself and situations like this are going to keep happening.
So who do you think should lay down their arms first?

So who do you think should lay down their arms first?

In a civilised country, the 2nd amendment would be repealed and a massive buyback program would be implemented recovering the vast majority of those 400+ million guns. Then in time the US police can be retrained in less violent methods of engagement with the public.

The only people who should be permitted to ever owning guns in a society are the police and the army as far as I'm concerned and nobody else.

In a civilised country, the 2nd amendment would be repealed and a massive buyback program would be implemented recovering the vast majority of those 400+ million guns. Then in time the US police can be retrained in less violent methods of engagement with the public.

The only people who should be permitted to ever owning guns in a society are the police and the army as far as I'm concerned and nobody else.
So you are saying that after a policeman as shot someone and it’s hit the headlines everyone else should lay down their arms first :lol: Good luck with that theory.

Yes of course I'm saying that. Why should ordinary members of the public be able to buy guns and dangerous weaponry?
Because the criminals will shoot them. Like you say 400million guns.
Because the criminals will shoot them. Like you say 400million guns.
Gun regulations like in this country only stop law abiding citizens owning them. It’s a good thing but my point is they are too far gone for either of the 3 sides to lay them down
There isn't a single valid reason for citizens being armed with guns, let alone semi-automatic rifles etc.
So no one as ever been shot by a criminal?
so are you suggesting the police lay down their weapons and go out unarmed? and that would lead to the general public laying down their guns, not robbing fuck out of everyone?
Not really but blasting unarmed people away doesn’t help doesn’t help does it.
Do you think someone robbing a store is more scared of a cop who’s not there being armed or the bloke behind the counter?

Last edited:
The whole gun control thing is never ending..I was reading about Illinois..specifically Chicago where gun crime was/is out of control..so to tighten things up..to be able to buy a handgun in Illinois you need..
1.To be an Illinois resident over 21.
2.A valid Firearms owner ID card.
3.A valid state ID or drivers license.

So the local government will say ‘look what we’ve put in place’..all the criminals do is go over the border into Indiana and buy them there..never ending.

The whole gun control thing is never ending..I was reading about Illinois..specifically Chicago where gun crime was/is out of control..so to tighten things up..to be able to buy a handgun in Illinois you need..
1.To be an Illinois resident over 21.
2.A valid Firearms owner ID card.
3.A valid state ID or drivers license.

So the local government will say ‘look what we’ve put in place’..all the criminals do is go over the border into Indiana and buy them there..never ending.
Would you buy one if you moved there?

And the Second Amendment was written into the Constitution exactly to counteract the inevitable consequences of that sort of thinking.

If everyone has access to gun. F*****g rights am I.
would you own one if you moved there?
No. of course I wouldn't.

Having a gun does nothing to save you from harm. For proof see the almost infinite amount of shootings that have taken place, none of which were ever prevented by a bystander with a gun

No. of course I wouldn't.

Having a gun does nothing to save you from harm. For proof see the almost infinite amount of shootings that have taken place, none of which were ever prevented by a bystander with a gun

Rather have one and not need than not have one and need.

America a fucked up place

Back