Ambassadors for the club as KLD lift off gathers pace

Exactly.

Now if I was to suggest a Sunderland born, former England International who played 410 games for the club - I'd get slaughtered, but he would be more inspirational than the under achiever mentioned by the OP !

I'd like Brian Marwood, but it's likely a pipe dream
It's a travesty that Brian Marwood has never been involved with Sunderland in an official capacity, as a player or otherwise, I agree he'd be a great ambassador but suspect his role with the Man City owners would prevent it.

Micky Gray is on about getting ex-players involved in the club in the KLD era as a way to help us move forward, I see. Happy to have ex-pros shaking hands and talking about us in the media but I have little desire to see them involved in the day-to-day just because they used to turn out for us. All this 'certain type of character' bollocks does nothing for me. What I want to see from people involved in the club is competence. That will do a hell of a lot more for us than anything else.

I agree like but the clubs has lacked something since Quinn left, dont think that can be argued

Even having Dave Jones there for me has helped

No reason why you can't have both mate, its not like someone like Micky Gray would be involved int he analytics of our transfer policy

think you need some high profile people connected to the club doing the circuts, nobody else will speak up for us, nobody else cares about us outside Sunderland

I see the 2 as seperate things and not mutually exclusive

Back