Ambassadors for the club as KLD lift off gathers pace

Heard Ally Mc Coist on the radio this morning talking about Rangers. Fabulous talker - upbeat, humane and passionate.

If anyone connected to Kyrill is reading this, how about getting Kieron Brady, to name but one, as an ambassador for the club as the new era begins.

Any other suggestions?

The same Kieron Brady who sued the club? He played 33 games for us, hardly inspiring.

Exactly.

Now if I was to suggest a Sunderland born, former England International who played 410 games for the club - I'd get slaughtered, but he would be more inspirational than the under achiever mentioned by the OP !

I'd like Brian Marwood, but it's likely a pipe dream

Last edited:
Exactly.

Now if I was to suggest a Sunderland born, former England International who played 410 games for the club - I'd get slaughtered, but he would be more inspirational than the under achiever mentioned by the OP !

I'd like Brian Marwood, but it's likely a pipe dream
Both good shouts. Stick Gordon Armstrong in there too for me but someone who had retired more recently would be good.

Micky Gray is on about getting ex-players involved in the club in the KLD era as a way to help us move forward, I see. Happy to have ex-pros shaking hands and talking about us in the media but I have little desire to see them involved in the day-to-day just because they used to turn out for us. All this 'certain type of character' bollocks does nothing for me. What I want to see from people involved in the club is competence. That will do a hell of a lot more for us than anything else.

Back