Almost Everything You Need to Know on Creatine

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't you say loading creatine wasn't all that helpful, or did I misunderstand?

It's not necessary.

You will become saturated faster, but that doesn't really matter.

In summary what does Creatine actually do? I'm under the impression (have been told) it increases your performance. Is this true? and i what way? is it only for those looking to build muscle weight or can it work in a cardio sence too, pushing you further etc... Also what happens when you come off it?? Can your body still cope with the exercise performed whilst on it or does it become harder again? :?::confused:

In summary what does Creatine actually do? I'm under the impression (have been told) it increases your performance. Is this true? and i what way? is it only for those looking to build muscle weight or can it work in a cardio sence too, pushing you further etc... Also what happens when you come off it?? Can your body still cope with the exercise performed whilst on it or does it become harder again? :?::confused:

cant be arsed writing the other bits cause i know titus will challenge in presenting academic journals:lol:. However the bit in bold, in my experience yes, for example i didnt drop in weights when I came off it. Depends how many times you go to the gym, the more times you go the more times your body gets use to the stress and strains of the weight. I think alot of people think creatine is just for a ''cut look'' however it contributes to a lot more than just that

Stupid question, but my tub says not to use if you're pregnant or trying for a baby. Am I right to assume that's just for women (the trying bit obviously, I know I can't get pregnant!) or should I come off it for a while?

Stupid question, but my tub says not to use if you're pregnant or trying for a baby. Am I right to assume that's just for women (the trying bit obviously, I know I can't get pregnant!) or should I come off it for a while?

you mean lowering you sperm count?

cant be arsed writing the other bits cause i know titus will challenge in presenting academic journals:lol:. However the bit in bold, in my experience yes, for example i didnt drop in weights when I came off it. Depends how many times you go to the gym, the more times you go the more times your body gets use to the stress and strains of the weight. I think alot of people think creatine is just for a ''cut look'' however it contributes to a lot more than just that

Damn science.

Biggest problem IMO with what you mentioned is that psychological influence that knowing you're not supplementating with creatine anymore has.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol::lol: nah man, although one side effect that titus has strangely missed is that constant use of creatine can result in kidney failure. That's why you have to drink more water when you are on it.

The reason that I missed it is because their is no research where creatine has caused kidney damage. There was even research where they mega dosed creatine in an individual with only one kidney (which was damaged) and it had caused no damage.

http://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386(09)01459-0/abstract

More in other populations can be found by clicking 'Creatine' on the page that is linked below:

http://examine.com/topics/Kidney+function/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back