Almiron wanting out?

Irrelevant.

It's not. When I'm watching a League One team, I don't get angry when I see players who try hard but aren't very good. That's just the expected standard of the league. In fact, when I see guys who are both skilled and try hard, I start to wonder why they're in L1.

When watching a Premier League team, I see guys who try hard but aren't very good, and I wonder when they'll be dropping down to the Championship.

That's why I don't mind guys who try hard but aren't that good when watching a League One side but Bridcutt frustrated the hell out of me in the Premier League. I can't believe it's a hard distinction to understand.

It's not. When I'm watching a League One team, I don't get angry when I see players who try hard but aren't very good. That's just the expected standard of the league. In fact, when I see guys who are both skilled and try hard, I start to wonder why they're in L1.

When watching a Premier League team, I see guys who try hard but aren't very good, and I wonder when they'll be dropping down to the Championship.

That's why I don't mind guys who try hard but aren't that good when watching a League One side but Bridcutt frustrated the hell out of me in the Premier League. I can't believe it's a hard distinction to understand.
But once again it's got nothing to do with people accepting shit as long as they run around like a chicken with their heads off. I cannot believe you're just accepting poor footballers because were in league 1. Surely there is such a thing as good league 1 players?

53 PL games, 4 goals 3 assists.
Pretty much what you'd expect from an average midfielder/winger in an average team

Wilson is a centre forward and is only used as such. No relevance to this.
Almiron is used anywhere in midfield.
That's not average, that's shit.
1 in 13 ffs.

But once again it's got nothing to do with people accepting shit as long as they run around like a chicken with their heads off. I cannot believe you're just accepting poor footballers because were in league 1. Surely there is such a thing as good league 1 players?

Have you perhaps ever noticed that League One players who are both good and try hard end up playing in higher leagues, assuming they're not complete plodders physically? I mean, sure, I'd love to have a squad full of those guys, but it's just not realistic.

Last edited:
Have you perhaps ever noticed that League One players who are both good and try hard end up playing in higher leagues, assuming they're not complete plodders physically? I mean, sure, I'd love to have a squad full of those guys, but it's just not realistic.
Ofcourse, but Onien only ticks one of those boxes and the bottom line is double standards as it's us and them. No matter how much people on here try to justify it, were know different to those up the road.

That's not average, that's shit.
1 in 13 ffs.

For a striker aye, but his job is to create and score as well as carry the ball up the field with his pace when we seemed to counter attack more. Directly involved in a goal every 7 games in this team isn't spectacular but not terrible either. Average midfielder in an average team.

5. Two against West Brom, two against Rochdale (home and away), one against Morecambe.
Clearly finds it easier against teams from weaker divisions. Which stands to reason for an average top flight player.
f***ing hell man so takes away the 5 goals against shite like that and he's got 4 goals, that's f***ing pathetic

I don't blame him for wanting out. He was fantastic in MLS as a dynamic playmaker that could go past or man and pick a pass. Bruce has him playing like Alex Rae and he barely get the ball.

Saint-Maximin gets a free pass from defending a lot of the time because he's got more flair, but they'd be fucked without Almiron. A very good footballer.

I don't blame him for wanting out. He was fantastic in MLS as a dynamic playmaker that could go past or man and pick a pass. Bruce has him playing like Alex Rae and he barely get the ball.

Saint-Maximin gets a free pass from defending a lot of the time because he's got more flair, but they'd be fucked without Almiron. A very good footballer.

Very good in comparison to who, max power? I’d grant you that. Compared to an actual very good footballer (I.e raheem Sterling) he’s no where near a very good footballer.

Very good in comparison to who, max power? I’d grant you that. Compared to an actual very good footballer (I.e raheem Sterling) he’s no where near a very good footballer.
:lol:

What even is your point? Yes, compared to £50m, senior England international, Raheem Sterling he is the lesser player.

What even is your point? Yes, compared to £50m, senior England international, Raheem Sterling he is the lesser player.

You said he was a very good player so I compared him to a very good player. Your comment above has just contradicted what you said originally.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah they’d be fucked without his zero goals and assists.

You said he was a very good player so I compared him to a very good player. Your comment above has just contradicted what you said originally.
I think you need a lie down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah they’d be fucked without his zero goals and assists.
He got an assist on the opening day against West Ham...

See, and that's the kind of approach that signs Will Grigg for seven figures because he 'scored goals'.

But sure, let's play your game for a minute. The lad was their top-scorer in all competitions last season, and he was third in the Premier League for them when it came to goals and assists combined. He averaged the third most tackles last season and more dribbles than Saint-Maximin.

This season, he's been shunted further back Bruce and is now playing as a CM/DM basically. Therefore, guess who has the most tackles for Newcastle this season - Almiron. Who also has the second most dribbles for Newcastle, ahead of Saint-Maximin, Almiron.

But aye, you keep laughing your rocks out about a fact that isn't actually correct in the first place.

Back