Alleged Homophobic Attack In Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful.

Hope the perpetrators are found quickly, and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Correct it's terrible.
What people seem to have the problem with( the silent majority) is " the fullest extent of the law" .Which means usually a sentence ..suspended for however long.
No deterrent

Agreed.

No coppers 10,000? lost since 2010, inadequate prisons - thousands of PO jobs lost, buildings falling apart, low recruitment, privatization G4S, Serco = full up and can't accept new prisoners/early release for hardened criminals. Last and not least cuts to UB and social services - people on the streets, people cannot afford to heat their home or feed themselves all lead to greater low level crime.

We still have people in this country who believe or want to believe we live in a great country - tell that to the increasingly large number of ex-servicemen who once demobbed end on the streets or in prison.

It is a great country if you are well-off but you'd probably spend a lot of your time somewhere else if you were.

Prince Harry has just left his grandmother's house and had to emigrate aged 35 for gawds sake! :)
More than twice that.

Absolutely disgusting sub-human scum.

Attacking anyone like that is shocking but two blokes filling in a lass is just cowardly.

I’m a little naive about the law but I’d hope that homophobic attacks are classed as a hate crime and come with more substantial punishment (if/when the lads are caught).

The only thing that troubles me about this story, and I appreciate I’m going to have to be very careful about how I make this point .... that lass says it’s now the 6th time that she’s been jumped. Now I really hope that this doesn’t come across as suggesting that she’s anything other than the victim here BUT there’s alarm bells ringing here for me. Being jumped 6 times is very unusual for the average person. Maybe there’s an issue here that isn’t in the news report?

Absolutely disgusting sub-human scum.

Attacking anyone like that is shocking but two blokes filling in a lass is just cowardly.

I’m a little naive about the law but I’d hope that homophobic attacks are classed as a hate crime and come with more substantial punishment (if/when the lads are caught).

The only thing that troubles me about this story, and I appreciate I’m going to have to be very careful about how I make this point .... that lass says it’s now the 6th time that she’s been jumped. Now I really hope that this doesn’t come across as suggesting that she’s anything other than the victim here BUT there’s alarm bells ringing here for me. Being jumped 6 times is very unusual for the average person. Maybe there’s an issue here that isn’t in the news report?

Again I agree with you it's terrible what's happened to thus lass and the perpetrators are homophobic cowards but given how quickly evidence of this attack got posted on FB I'd suggest the other 5 times may have been a lot less violent in nature or a slight exaggeration. Nevertheless for this to happen once to the lass is one time too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back