Alleged Homophobic Attack In Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky have taken a minor assault on a lesbian and totally sensationalized it , turning it into a hate crime and once again creating another terrible image of the Sunderland area.
The lass has admitted she did not hear any homophobic language on this occasion but has been subjected to it in the past. Sky have therefore conflated the previous incidents with this one and made it sound like it was motivated by her sexuality.
I feel for the lass as no one should be a victim of an assault but this incident is hardly worthy of being the second story on a national news channel.

Sky have taken a minor assault on a lesbian and totally sensationalized it , turning it into a hate crime and once again creating another terrible image of the Sunderland area.
The lass has admitted she did not hear any homophobic language on this occasion but has been subjected to it in the past. Sky have therefore conflated the previous incidents with this one and made it sound like it was motivated by her sexuality.
I feel for the lass as no one should be a victim of an assault but this incident is hardly worthy of being the second story on a national news channel.

I wouldn’t say it was a minor assault.

The police said "It was reported that a woman was walking when she was attacked by two males who subjected her to homophobic language”. Sky reported what they were told by the police and the victim.

I wouldn’t say it was a minor assault.
I’m not trying to trivialize her ordeal which was not nice at all but on scale of assaults, it ranks as fairly low and not a national news story.
The police said "It was reported that a woman was walking when she was attacked by two males who subjected her to homophobic language”. Sky reported what they were told by the police and the victim.
That’s what it says on the Sky website , however on SKy just now, the reporter stated she did not hear any homophobic language.

Last edited:
Most of the sentences handed down now are an absolute joke.
It’s obvious the policy now is don’t lock them up the prisons are full.

Agreed.

No coppers 10,000? lost since 2010, inadequate prisons - thousands of PO jobs lost, buildings falling apart, low recruitment, privatization G4S, Serco = full up and can't accept new prisoners/early release for hardened criminals. Last and not least cuts to UB and social services - people on the streets, people cannot afford to heat their home or feed themselves all lead to greater low level crime.

We still have people in this country who believe or want to believe we live in a great country - tell that to the increasingly large number of ex-servicemen who once demobbed end on the streets or in prison.

It is a great country if you are well-off but you'd probably spend a lot of your time somewhere else if you were.

Prince Harry has just left his grandmother's house and had to emigrate aged 35 for gawds sake! :)

Agreed.

No coppers 10,000? lost since 2010, inadequate prisons - thousands of PO jobs lost, buildings falling apart, low recruitment, privatization G4S, Serco = full up and can't accept new prisoners/early release for hardened criminals. Last and not least cuts to UB and social services - people on the streets, people cannot afford to heat their home or feed themselves all lead to greater low level crime.

We still have people in this country who believe or want to believe we live in a great country - tell that to the increasingly large number of ex-servicemen who once demobbed end on the streets or in prison.

It is a great country if you are well-off but you'd probably spend a lot of your time somewhere else if you were.

Prince Harry has just left his grandmother's house and had to emigrate aged 35 for gawds sake! :)
Was the victim robbed?

Otherwise your post isn’t very relevant.

Even poor thickos should be able to accept that people can be ‘different’ to them.

Sunderland is a great city compared with some,i would happily walk through the town centre at 2am and feel safe,i truthfully cant say the same about parts of London.
There's always been bother if you went looking for it. It just gets reported so much more, and instantly these days.

There's always been bother if you went looking for it. It just gets reported so much more, and instantly these days.
I used to live in the east-end of London,i wouldn't walk through certain parts in the early hours,but I often walked home down hylton road or from the town along the lines to south hylton (before the metro) in the dark and never thought anything of it,sunderland isn't exactly the Bronx,its not renown for violent crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back