Alexander - and others with the big "C" - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thank you for the warm welcome kind sir :cool: and yes, Craig was mint - I'd also like to think I inherited some of his mintness too..........................but of course that's for the good folks here to decide ;)

*I'm sending positive vibes to my little brother who is also battling cancer, if it wasn't for BKT (my hero)......perish the thought :confused: Xx

Best wishes.. Lets hopes its true ang lightning can't stirke twice..

thougths are with you all

Best wishes.. Lets hopes its true ang lightning can't stirke twice..

thougths are with you all

.....indeed (and thank you x), I'm hoping its a happier ending for my little bro - fingers (and everything else humanly possible) crossed......cancer is a truly horrible disease, I've seen enough of it to last me a bloody lifetime :evil:

.....indeed (and thank you x), I'm hoping its a happier ending for my little bro - fingers (and everything else humanly possible) crossed......cancer is a truly horrible disease, I've seen enough of it to last me a bloody lifetime :evil:

unfortunately I think most of us have.. pardon the french but is a C*nt

we shall beat it one day

unfortunately I think most of us have.. pardon the french but is a C*nt

we shall beat it one day
.....preferably round the head with a fecking crow bar, joking aside - yes, a cure would be lovely - but sometimes I despair, surely we must be close now :neutral:

Mama Barnacle been back to hospital today and it's good news.
They removed and tested 30-odd Lymph Nodes and the results are all clear and it looks like they got everything when they chopped her large intestine in half.
Still needs Chemo like but that won't be for another few weeks yet as she was only discharged after her op last Monday

Keep fighting lads and lasses

They removed and tested 30-odd Lymph Nodes and the results are all clear and it looks like they got everything when they chopped her large intestine in half.
Still needs Chemo like but that won't be for another few weeks yet as she was only discharged after her op last Monday

:)

aye and everyone else keep fighting too :cool:

Gerrin.

Good news on this thread is always welcome. Keep fighting one and all.

Just seconding everything people have said on here, to express my admiration at the bravery and grace you're all showing in fighting cancer, and crossing my fingers that you beat it. Regardless of disagreements we're a community on here and every single SMBer is willing you to win your battles.

Now get on and windmill the fucker!

Yes. Good news marra. Keep on fighting!

Welcome aboard! your brother was a real nice lad and a good laugh..:cool:

I never met BKT but shared loads of banter with him over the years, either here on the old Mackem Boozer message board. Gutted when I heard he'd lost his fight but his attitude, like all those in the fight on this board, was class.

Good luck to all the lads and lasses (and their families) - keep swinging!

Found a lump under my tongue at the week-end. My next scheduled check-up wasn't till mid January but I decided to go have it checked just to be on the safe side. Couldn't get an appointment till today but I went back in to the hospital this morning and they took some tests, removed the lump and burned the spot where it was. It has now been sent in to be checked and I will know on Wednesday next week if the cancer has returned. If it has I will be back on intensive radio therapy treatment. Was told not to get my hopes up too high. I've been here before but it just doesn't get any easier. :-(

Found a lump under my tongue at the week-end. My next scheduled check-up wasn't till mid January but I decided to go have it checked just to be on the safe side. Couldn't get an appointment till today but I went back in to the hospital this morning and they took some tests, removed the lump and burned the spot where it was. It has now been sent in to be checked and I will know on Wednesday next week if the cancer has returned. If it has I will be back on intensive radio therapy treatment. Was told not to get my hopes up too high. I've been here before but it just doesn't get any easier. :-(

Jesus man, that's horrible. Wishing you all the best and hopefully good news.

:-(

Fingers crossed for you mate, and I'll see you next year for the charity football game again.

Cheers, mate. Been a long day and am not in a happy place right now.

Thanks, mate. I'd like that.

Hey, just make sure you keep your chin up and see us running around half naked and sweaty like last year. And TB will be really desperate by then, you would destroy him. :lol:

Just had the second top bloke round and he sounded a lot more upbeat and chilled than the professor last night. Feel a bit more positive than I did last night.

Wish I could forward time to the middle January :roll:

Fingers crossed mate and keep us upto date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back