Aleem Dar

He gave it, due to a small spike on snicko

That is what he said to Erasmus as the reason to change his decision.

He didn't mention it hitting anything but relied totally on snicko.

As a camera angle later confirmed, he was correct to do so.

If there is doubt and there was it should go the batsmans way he shouldn't be guessing the system was put in place to rule out an obvious mistake

Doesn't matter if replays later on prove it he needs to judge what he has available at that time

Would have said the same if it was one of them

Has to be enough evidence to overturn a decision and there wasn't. He took a guess

Has to be enough evidence to overturn a decision and there wasn't. He took a guess
The commentary between him and Erasmus could be heard and he said there was a spike in snicko. That's what he went on.

No guessing, just a spike shown

You couldn't even tell what glove it hit. Looked like it came off the other glove which wasn't on the bat using the evidence he saw
I agree with that, however he gave it on snicko and the spike. That was clearly heard on the commentary

I still disagree.

If you watch the three frames on Snicko. The first one the ball is visible in front of the bat, the second one the ball disappears behind the bat handle/glove, but it's only the third frame that has the spike. If you look at the distance the ball travels between frames one and two, the ball would be well past the bat on frame three. Stoneman says the ball hit his grill not his bat, and this would time correctly with the spike on Snicko.

The angle from behind shows the ball pass close to the glove, but doesn't confirm it IMO.

It's a ridiculous decision, worthy of being removed from the Test overnight.

I still disagree.

If you watch the three frames on Snicko. The first one the ball is visible in front of the bat, the second one the ball disappears behind the bat handle/glove, but it's only the third frame that has the spike. If you look at the distance the ball travels between frames one and two, the ball would be well past the bat on frame three. Stoneman says the ball hit his grill not his bat, and this would time correctly with the spike on Snicko.

The angle from behind shows the ball pass close to the glove, but doesn't confirm it IMO.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, just giving the reason dar came to his decision. He said there was a spike on snicko and Erasmus could reverse his decision

I still disagree.

Agree with that analysis. Pundits are all saying that angle from behind confirms right decision for wrong reasons but I don’t think it confirms anything. It’s a ludicrous decision, worries me that an umpire of such experience would give it. Seems a little odd.

No Stoneman
Personally thought it was out, but there was hardly a convincing camera angle.

Dar give it from snicko. There was a minute looking glint on hotspot as well.

Was a tough one but we are well in this game now. A similar day tomorrow and we may get right back into this series

Back