Albums that are perfect

I’ll start

Despite not being a huge fan of them

Pulp - Different Class

I love Pulp and I love Different Class, but I've never been happy with the album finishing with Monday Morning and Bar Italia. There's nothing wrong with those two songs but they're weaker than the rest of the album for me.

Never found a perfect album, always a track I’m just not overly keen on, no matter how much I love the album

Case in point, Technique by New Order. Love it, but even that wouldn’t be perfect as think Run is a bit weak imo.

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
I reckon a lot would agree with you. I don't like the album at all but I still thought many would think of that album (as a perfect album).

The perfect album is more than just putting together 10 or 11 perfect songs. To me the perfect album has to encapsulate a time, an era. The perfect album has to reflect a generation or a youth movement. It might not even particularly be the best music, but it has to be important and forever be associated with a time and a place. Based on that I’d go for

Screamadelica
Straight outta Compton.
If day there are two versions of "perfect".
A) your version, an album that totally ( perfectly) represents an age be it a day, month, year or decade.
Or
B) an album by a band that you personally like ( others may not) where you feel every track works and you enjoy. Eg rumours by Fleetwood Mac is often considered sublime by Fleetwood Mac fans, so for those fans it could be a perfect album. I can appreciate their like of it even though it does nothing for me.

I'm more with football fan, I'm not sure there is a perfect album, for me no Album is perfect. No album satisfies all moods. No album has all tracks that are perfection. I'm pleased if I find an album that has two "perfect" tracks on it, let alone 10 plus. Then it needs words, a perfect cover etc.... I'm pleased when I find " very good" ...

I reckon a lot would agree with you. I don't like the album at all but I still thought many would think of that album (as a perfect album).

If day there are two versions of "perfect".
A) your version, an album that totally ( perfectly) represents an age be it a day, month, year or decade.
Or
B) an album by a band that you personally like ( others may not) where you feel every track works and you enjoy. Eg rumours by Fleetwood Mac is often considered sublime by Fleetwood Mac fans, so for those fans it could be a perfect album. I can appreciate their like of it even though it does nothing for me.

I'm more with football fan, I'm not sure there is a perfect album, for me no Album is perfect. No album satisfies all moods. No album has all tracks that are perfection. I'm pleased if I find an album that has two "perfect" tracks on it, let alone 10 plus. Then it needs words, a perfect cover etc.... I'm pleased when I find " very good" ...

I also agree with football fan. My favourite album of all time is Darkness on the Edge of town by Springsteen. However, whilst I’d give every other track a straight 10/10, I’d only give streets of fire 9/10 therefore it’s not completaly perfect.
That’s why I look at it the way I mentioned in my previous post as it doesn’t have to be about the actual album content but what it evokes in you in other ways.

Back