Albums that are perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was a very good album not as good as Stranded or For your pleasure but still brilliant.. I've bought everything Ferry and Roxy have recorded but usually only play the seventies stuff.
I was drinking with an old school mate tonight in the Board Inn and we got talking about a record shop that sold clothes called Mr Smiths in Fawcett st. I bought Country life from there and they also sold a. Jigsaw of the album cover. I bought the jigsaw which was in a shrink wrap but I never opened it, it's still as I bought it. I was thinking I wonder if it's worth anything, its got to be worth a few hundred. There's one for sale on eBay for just 20 quid, I've never been so disapointed in my life.

RARE ROXY MUSIC OFFICIALLY LICENSED 250-PIECE JIGSTARS JIGSAW PUZZLE. LOOK! | eBay

Nice Roxy memorabilia and great memory of Mr Smiths, great days!

Was having a conversation recently about weak Bowie tracks on albums and other songs that were recorded that could have replaced them.
Aladdin Sane remained unscathed.

The perfect album is more than just putting together 10 or 11 perfect songs. To me the perfect album has to encapsulate a time, an era. The perfect album has to reflect a generation or a youth movement. It might not even particularly be the best music, but it has to be important and forever be associated with a time and a place. Based on that I’d go for

Screamadelica
Straight outta Compton.

Nice Roxy memorabilia and great memory of Mr Smiths, great days!

Was having a conversation recently about weak Bowie tracks on albums and other songs that were recorded that could have replaced them.
Aladdin Sane remained unscathed.
Pin ups was my favourite Bowie album and his version of Sorrow is one of my all time favourite songs.
I've got quite a bit of Roxy memorabilia going back to the seventies. Including a For Your Pleasure album cover mirror if you remember the fad for pub mirrors back then. That has to be worth something, not that I'd sell it mind.
Just looked it up and it's worth 60 to a hundred quid apparently.

ROXY MUSIC MIRROR - Price Estimate: £60 - £100

Last edited:
The Times They Are a-Changin' - Bob Dylan
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Blackwater Park - Opeth
Astral Weeks - Van Morrison

I’ll start

Despite not being a huge fan of them

Pulp - Different Class

Tubular Bells. When Mike says "glockenspiel" it sends a shiver up me spine. :cool:

It’s an absolutely cracking album mate

But sigh

Radiohead - Kid A
National - Boxer
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Mercury Rev - Deserters Songs
Godspeed! You Black Emperor - Lift your skinny fists....
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped

Any better?

Good record.

Doolittle?

Last edited:
The Antlers - Hospice
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
The Strokes - Is This It
Damien Rice - O
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back