Albums that are perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mint....turn it up and post back :lol:
Second half just meanders off into nothingness.

And I don't think I like the drummer (long gone int he?)

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Just put this on and thought I'd see if anyone mentioned it here. Very close I think, but Settle For Nothing sees it settle for falling short.

Last edited:
Just put this on and thought I'd see if anyone mentioned it here. Very close I think, but Settle For Nothing sees it settle for falling short.

Ah, I love every track.

In Settle For Nothing you've got the juxtaposition between the quiet poetic verses and the angry grind of the choruses and then that awesome jazz solo and final build into angry again.

It's probably both the gentlest and angriest track on the album.

Last edited:
Ah, I love every track.

In Settle For Nothing you've got the juxtaposition between the quiet poetic verses and the angry grind of the choruses and then that awesome jazz solo and final build into angry again.
It's not that it's crap, I just have to be in the mood for it. I've been known to skip it in the car. It's a nice solo aye. It's just stands out a bit like a sore thumb next to the rest of the album.

Second half just meanders off into nothingness.

And I don't think I like the drummer (long gone int he?)

Ah, I love every track.

It's probably both the gentlest and angriest track on the album.
It's not that it's crap, I just have to be in the mood for it. I've been known to skip it in the car. It's a nice solo aye. It's just stands out a bit like a sore thumb next to the rest of the album.
As much as I love this album, I agree with @chriswallace85 about the solo. I'm not saying it's not a great solo, but for me it doesn't meld well in the song. I find it off putting and it is the one track on that album that I usually skip.

Already mentioned Doolittle but Pixies - Surfer Rosa is also perfect to these ears. Their albums since reforming come nowhere near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back