Albert Dryden

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone said, part of prison is the rehabilitation and the acceptance you've done wrong; it seems Dryden has done neither so will stay in there until he does. I suspect he'll die in there

H

NO he built a f***ing bungalow without planning permission. You may think they have should have just let him get on with it. Planning laws are incredibly important and protect us all, but yeah he was just some busy body from the council sticking his nose in. FFS:rolleyes: I suspect they got the tv to come to document as the guy was clearly very odd, and maybe they thought the cameras being there would keep him in check somewhat, alas it did not work. As for the guy being a knob he just seems like a normal bloke doing his job.

Anyone who can 'see Dryden's side of it' is obviously a f***ing imbecile.

If you build anything without permission then try to get it afterwards you are either a sly twat or f***ing stupid.

Let him f***ing rot.

I've never agreed more with a post.

The council had it in for him, tried to wreck his whole life on a technicality, turned up with excavators and a TV camera at his gaff and [as someone stated] were very smug about what they were going to do. This followed a long period where they were hounding the bloke, doing stuff that the council simply wouldnt get away with these days.

That of course didn't give Dryden the right to blow them away but 24 years man f***ing hell... Seriously!?:rolleyes:
ffs man look at him the bloke clearly stinks and is mental ,

I'd imagine it would be a tad different today, they obviously hadn't carried out a risk assessment, everyone in Consett knew the bloke was a raving lunatic, he loved blowing things up, was known as Rocket Man

If I was there at the time I would have carried out an immediate one. I would have left the others to work through the detail with the gunman and left the scene with great haste.

I can remember a lad in our office photocopying 'Free Albert Dryden ' posters. He had a fair bit of support in the Consett area.

Well,if that was'nt true before,it is now that you've put it on the tinternet.
Okm8

H

NO he built a f***ing bungalow without planning permission. You may think they have should have just let him get on with it. Planning laws are incredibly important and protect us all, but yeah he was just some busy body from the council sticking his nose in. FFS:rolleyes: I suspect they got the tv to come to document as the guy was clearly very odd, and maybe they thought the cameras being there would keep him in check somewhat, alas it did not work. As for the guy being a knob he just seems like a normal bloke doing his job.

If you build anything without permission then try to get it afterwards you are either a sly twat or f***ing stupid.

Let him f***ing rot.
Calm down love.

H

Let him f***ing rot.
Outed a planning officer jobsworth here.

I'd imagine it would be a tad different today, they obviously hadn't carried out a risk assessment, everyone in Consett knew the bloke was a raving lunatic, he loved blowing things up, was known as Rocket Man

Mate nothing has changed. I've done the same job as Harry Collinson and I'll tell you there's a few occasions when I could have equally ended up going the same way.

Apparently he'd told them not to turn up as things would get out of hand and asked for 24hours grace to demolish it himself

turned him down and the rest is history

conjecture and hearsay, the new fact.

well i said apparently because its whats been said over the last 20 odd years in Consett, and also repeated by people on one of the old Consett forums who knew the people involved

Still does'nt make it right to shoot someone like that (twice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back