Alan Sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain that libellous post?
If you think my post is libelous then I am happy for you to take me to court.

If you need me to explain why a post bringing up Sugar's religion when it hadn't been mentioned previously and an implication that any legitimate criticism of someone who happens to be Jewish will be met with cries of antisemitism may be construed in itself as antisemitic, then you may have a problem.

I’d wager no more ‘Johnny foreigners’

Well I think that was a fundamental part of it aye. How they think that a reduction in immigration, particularly in Sunderland, would result in a better life for them is baffling to me.

If you need me to explain why a post bringing up Sugar's religion when it hadn't been mentioned previously and an implication that any legitimate criticism of someone who happens to be Jewish will be met with cries of antisemitism may be construed in itself as antisemitic, then you may have a problem.
i don't think he's that clever, not that ignorance is a defence that will stand up in court...

I've been having this out on the "Wear the People" page. Quite why I bothered I don't know. Some people can't see the wood for the trees.

I'll spell it out for you.

Sony Dyson Panasonic Lloyds Unilever Goldman Sachs Barclays Airbus Flybmi P&O HSBC JP Morgan UBS Ford Hitachi Toshiba AXA Honda Moneygram Philips European Banking Authority European Medicines Agency Bank of America

But apparently, it’s got nothing to do with Brexit.
If I had the ability I'd set that to "We didn't start the fire" but I don't have time.
If you can't see that Brexit, or the consequences of it are catastrophic for business and jobs in this country, then there's little hope for you
For the record I voted remain. However when a rich prick like himself is basically stating people Sunderland should pay be because of the vote, he can go fcuk himself. We were not the only city to vote remain so why tarnish us.

Last edited:
Well I think that was a fundamental part of it aye. How they think that a reduction in immigration, particularly in Sunderland, would result in a better life for them is baffling to me.

It’s staggering.
Unfortunately, people seem to long for some nostalgic, great time in British history where everything was rosy, in reality that never actually existed. It’s always been a bit shit.
They thought that by not being part of the EU, Britain would become some amazing place for us all. Bonkers.

It’s staggering.
Unfortunately, people seem to long for some nostalgic, great time in British history where everything was rosy, in reality that never actually existed. It’s always been a bit shit.
They thought that by not being part of the EU, Britain would become some amazing place for us all. Bonkers.

Aye. The glory days of the British Empire seen the working class folk of this country in workhouses, living in back to back houses in squalor, dying of cholera and sent off to foreign wars on behalf of wealthy interests. The dying days of the Empire saw the working classes sent off to fight foreign powers to try and keep the Empire alive.

Ironically, the halcyon days of ‘never had it so good’ in the 50s was the beginning of immigration from the commonwealth to Britain.

So whichever time people are harking back to, they wouldn’t be overly keen on.

For the record I voted remain. However when a rich prick like himself is basically stating people Sunderland should pay be because of the vote, he can go fcuk himself. We were not the only city to vote remain so why tarnish us.

I think he was just putting two and two together and showing people what they've risked and what they've lost.
It could have been any city, but as it happens, the majority of Sunderland voted leave. Nissan is a huge employer. Brexit has been a f***ing shambles from start to well we're not even finished. Nissan protected themselves from any uncertainty and have chosen to move on.
What he's saying is you reap what you sow.

It's not easy to hear, and it's come off a bit "Told you so" but it doesn't make him any less right.

I've already seen some clown on the "Wear the People" page say "we liberated europe".
I wonder if he knows what that "we" is comprised of

Last edited:
Sue him for what exactly? Pointing out the fact that Sunderland as an area voted to leave and one of the biggest job providers in the area is pulling out - predominately down to the monumental farce that is Brexit?

Proof that one of the biggest job providers are pulling out, and that it's due to Brexit?

Aye. The glory days of the British Empire seen the working class folk of this country in workhouses, living in back to back houses in squalor, dying of cholera and sent off to foreign wars on behalf of wealthy interests. The dying days of the Empire saw the working classes sent off to fight foreign powers to try and keep the Empire alive.

Ironically, the halcyon days of ‘never had it so good’ in the 50s was the beginning of immigration from the commonwealth to Britain.

Let’s put the Great back in Britain. Whatever that means eh ?
Excellent point about the 50’s and immigration mate.

Fair to say that life has never been better.

Yes. Or "uncertainly surrounding Brexit".
Big companies need stability. They don't need something hanging over a country that could spell economic and social disaster.

Depends what side of Austerity you sit on

Which massive job provider is pulling out of the area?

A poor person today is far better off than any time in history, very few people are starving to death in the UK, life expectancy is higher than ever. Never been better.

Fair to say that life has never been better.

I think the mid 00s was probably the highest point for living standards we’ve ever seen and are likely to see for a while again. However, relatively speaking, things are still far better now than they ever were in the mythological halcyon days of the past. Things could be better, fairer and more equal. But I don’t see any logical reason why people think that Brexit will bring that about. But there ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back