Ajmal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tahir will prove his class in time

I dont doubt Swann will take wickets but look at the calibre of batsman they are each bowling at. Big difference

Which is probably balanced out by the Pakistanis being naturally better players of spin than us..

Sounds like we've had a 'mare against Ajmal and the ball isn't even doing much.

Which is probably balanced out by the Pakistanis being naturally better players of spin than us..

Sounds like we've had a 'mare against Ajmal and the ball isn't even doing much.

thats the annoying thing. i wish it was going side ways as id prefer to applaud bowling that slate batsmen. might be a bit variation but its embarrassing how wrong we are getting the lengths.

thats the annoying thing. i wish it was going side ways as id prefer to applaud bowling that slate batsmen. might be a bit variation but its embarrassing how wrong we are getting the lengths.

Undercooked in the prematch's again. yes we played two warm ups, but surely 4 is the way forward.

Swann needs to bowl his heart out.

Undercooked in the prematch's again. yes we played two warm ups, but surely 4 is the way forward.

Swann needs to bowl his heart out.

Agreed. We are traditionally poor against spin in spin friendly conditions and we struggled against it in the 2 warm ups as well.

If we are to get back into the match I think the seamers need to do some damage with the new ball as well.

It's worrying lads. But as the wickets fell I got more and more annoyed. Not at England failing. No, I'm a big boy

But at the thought of some smug twat off the internet who I have never met ;)

It's worrying lads. But as the wickets fell I got more and more annoyed. Not at England failing. No, I'm a big boy

But at the thought of some smug twat off the internet who I have never met ;)

Everytime he kept getting a wicket, I was thinking of more and more cricket board members who wouldnt be on here for a while (or viewing but not posting) :lol:

as they do with every offie who can turn it the other way

Saqlain Mushtaq
Murali

etc

Our press pack are use to standard off break bowlers. Pretty sour grapes from our lot tbh

Aye, they would be way off the mark accusing any Pakistanis of cheating mind.

Why didnt he get called for chucking when he played county cricket and the ECB could have reported him to the ICC and got him banned way back when

pathetic

I can only guess that calling a bowler a chucker hasn't been a good career move for umpires, so they just avoid the controversy.

The 15 degree rule (or whatever it is called) was the worst change of rules in the history of cricket and has simply allowed players who were already "bending" the rules to bend them even further.

But that's just the opinion of an old cricket traditionalist.

having watched him more closely his action is very questionable. saying that, there are a few bowlers over the years that fall into that bracket.

I noticed yesterday that it only seems to be when he bowls the doosra or teesra that his arm straightens as he releases it, his stock ball seems to be delivered with a straight arm all the way.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are an increasing number of chuckers not only in the game, but getting away with it.

I noticed yesterday that it only seems to be when he bowls the doosra or teesra that his arm straightens as he releases it, his stock ball seems to be delivered with a straight arm all the way.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are an increasing number of chuckers not only in the game, but getting away with it.

there is a far worse issue in the game that people 'are getting away with' and thats people failing to make international cricket in their own country and playing for other countries

teesra :lol:

ICC allow the bending of the rules. we should accept it and teach our bowlers to exploit the fact as well.

there is a far worse issue in the game that people 'are getting away with' and thats people failing to make international cricket in their own country and playing for other countries

so lets say player a is born is london, moves to south africa at the age of 18and ends up playing for south africa. player b is born and lives in india, plays for india, but chucks the ball. you are saying player a is more of an issue as far as the game of cricket is concerned? i know you look to make a debate but haway man EB :lol:

7 wickets on the first day so far, 5 bowled and two LBW

Ajmal bowls straight

Have to say this pitch could be tailor made for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back