Ajmal

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's quality, one of the few Pakistani cricketers that worries me going into this series. His variations are top class and incredibly difficult to pick as well. One of the best, if not the very best spinner in the world right now.

He's quality, one of the few Pakistani cricketers that worries me going into this series. His variations are top class and incredibly difficult to pick as well. One of the best, if not the very best spinner in the world right now.

He's not like. ;)

he's alright no more no less certainly not the best in the world, a good ODI player though.

iirc Ajmal has taken 50 wickets in both ODI and tests last year. Its intresting he has a new delievery which he's gonna unleash on The England batsman, calles the thisra, which roughly translated means the third one. Dunno what that means though.

iirc Ajmal has taken 50 wickets in both ODI and tests last year. Its intresting he has a new delievery which he's gonna unleash on The England batsman, calles the thisra, which roughly translated means the third one. Dunno what that means though.

he has made 50 wickets in Tests due to play Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and West Indies

he has made 50 wickets in Tests due to play Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and West Indies

18 wickets against Sri Lanka

6 against Zimbabwe

9 against Bangladesh

17 against the windies

If he keeps on going at this rate, he will knock Jimmy off his number two perch ;)

:lol:

All joking aside, Ajmal is class and I cannot believe that Swann as a 'standard' offie will continue in his current vein

Well he hasn't really played against a top team yet in tests, this series will be his first chance to play against one of the big boys, if he rattles through us, then his class will have been demonstrated, if not, then he'll be another to join the long list of bowlers who can't hack it against the world's best ;)

Well he hasn't really played against a top team yet in tests, this series will be his first chance to play against one of the big boys, if he rattles through us, then his class will have been demonstrated, if not, then he'll be another to join the long list of bowlers who can't hack it against the world's best ;)

I knar I come out with some shite but Ajmal took 18 wickets in a 3 test series against Sri Lanka in the desert, who boast the worlds best player of spin in Sangakumar

All joking aside, Ajmal is class and I cannot believe that Swann as a 'standard' offie will continue in his current vein

I havent seen too much of Ajmal so I am looking forward to seeing him in live action. Cant knock Swanny though, the amount of revs he gets is unreal at times for his type of bowling.

not exactly. in the warm ups our middle order has looked shaly against spin. when is the last time we came up against a very good spinner in spin friendly conditions? Not knocking the bowler in question, more saying its more a fact that we arent that good.

Last edited:

I knar I come out with some shite but Ajmal took 18 wickets in a 3 test series against Sri Lanka in the desert, who boast the worlds best player of spin in Sangakumar

He got Sangakkara once in 6 innings after he'd already scored 144. Not the best example to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back